Civvie with a seizure??

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ebuckley, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ebuckley

ebuckley Member

Hi all,

Anyone with experience with kitties with seizures? We have a 2 "indoor-outdoor" cats that were abandoned by the sellers of our house when we bought it a few years ago.

One of them, we call her Tux, had a what I can only imagine was a seizure on the driveway today. She has some odd tics always, but today was the first day I witnessed what looked to me to be a seizure. I heard her first outside making an odd, loud meowing and saw her laying in an odd and rigid position. I went out, picked her up, and brought her in. She was seemingly back to her to her normal self after about 10 minutes. Our pet sitter once commented that see saw her having a seizure a few months ago.

I'm off to search around but thought I'd check here, too.

Thanks!

ETA: BG was 63.

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

It is important to get this checked by a vet.

If it is epilepsy, you give anti-seizure meds daily; status epilepticus (uncontrolled seizures) can be fatal.
    If there are parasites in the brain (ex toxoplasmosis), those may be treated, though some damage may be permanent.
    If there is a malignant tumor causing the problem, you'll be able to decide how far you want to take treatment.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  3. krazyfourkats

krazyfourkats Member

Odd timing. Today (sunday, same day as u)my wife witnessed for the first time what she thought was a seizure with our civvy, Guppy. He meowed loud then did a big throw up(although he often chucks hairballs) then fell onto his side and was kicking his four legs. He seems to be mostly normal now but will take him to the vet next weekend. If he has more between now and then we will bring him sooner.

4. ebuckley

ebuckley Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.