? Coat care dietary supplements

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ann and Murphy and Tom, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann and Murphy and Tom

Ann and Murphy and Tom Member

I give both my dogs coconut oil as a coat supplement. In the past, my vet has told me to give the cats fish oil as a coat supplement. I'm having trouble with dander in several of my cats (civies and my sugar cat) and am thinking I need to start the oil supplement again. Is it safe for my sugar cat? They all eat together from several large platters with a variety of low carb wet foods so I'd like something palatable that I can put in the food. They are all well groomed...in fact the brushing/combing/furminator seems to stir up more dander. It is also starting to be pollen weather here and in the past my vet has thought the dander was related to the pollen. They are all indoor cats but I do open my windows.

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Fish oil should be safe. There are also some specific products for pets available at many pet supply stores and online.

3. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

We have a few short hairs that get a warm and wet paper towel bath for dry skin and dander. Doesn't address the cause but they love it and look and feel so much better afterwards. Obviously a short term thing but good results.

4. CassWTribby

CassWTribby Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.