? Cocoa AMPS 443 +407, +5 393, PMPS 490, +2 423, +4 387

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cocoa12, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cocoa12

Cocoa12 Member

Hi everyone. Just looking for a little advice I increased Cocoas insulin to 1.25 Units and his numbers are still on the high end. I am seeing more in the 300's but he is still hitting 400+. Is this normal is his body adjusting to the new does? Should I up the dose to try and get him down further?

Thanks,
    Jeremiah

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I am a little confused by the spreadsheet. It shows you shot 1.0 unit in the mornings of the 29th and 30th, but 1.25 units those nights, then 1.25 units this morning. Is that right? The depot does better if you stick to the same dose. If those were typos and you have been shooting 1.25 units since the 29th, that's good to know. Have you decided if you want to follow TR or SLGS for dosing yet? The answer to the question about when to increase depends on which dosing method you want to follow. If you put atar or SLGS in your signature, that'll help us help you.

To answer the other question, yes it is common to see higher numbers until you get closer to a better dose,

3. Cocoa12

Cocoa12 Member

Hi there thanks for the reply. Yes I held back those two days with the 1.25 in the morning I just now moved him to 1.25 in the morning and evening. I am not sure what method I want to use right now I just want to get him stable. Do you have a recommendation?

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The dosing method you use has to fit your lifestyle. TR requires testing at preshot and at least one other each cycle. It looks like you test enough for that. Reductions are at lower points and increase can be done faster. It is a more aggressive method, but it has scientific research behind it about kitties going off of insulin. Some people just can't do the testing required for TR or don't want to increase as often or have their cat go as low. SLGS was developed over time on FDMB and has lots of people who have worked with it too. It's really about what works for you.

Glad you've got that consistent dosing going now and look at those blues tonight! :cool: With TR you would hold the 1.25 dose for at least 8 cycles. With SLGS it would be a week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.