Colorado Gizmo - AM/PMPS Rarely Below 300

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Adrian B., Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrian B.

Adrian B. New Member

Hey all,

I haven't posted in this section before. It's been about a month since Gizmo was diagnosed and we started on 2u of Lantus twice a day. Since day 1 he's rarely been under 300. The lowest I've seen him was 269. Does it take awhile for the medication to make a difference? The vet warned me it could take awhile to bring his levels down, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Also I've noticed him having more diarrhea and twice now I found that he sprayed outside of the litter box. Obviously I'm worried. I have scheduled a follow-up appointment for Gizmo at our vet's so I'm just wondering if anyone here has any input from their experience.

I have him on Wellness Complete Turkey wet which has been his go-to for several years now. So I'm going to switch to Rawz to see if it makes any difference.

Thank you,

Adrian & Gizmo

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Hi Adrian & Gizmo!

It can take awhile to see insulin work, and it can take awhile to get to the right dose for your cat, or not. There are a few reasons for what you describe with Gizmo's numbers and having the data on a spreadsheet will help others help you figure out what is going on. The protocol (TR) and method (SLGS) used on this forum are build with safety first in mind.

Glad you are home testing! Here is a link to your previous post, it helps others have a bit of background:

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/hello-all.186278/#post-2071147

You'll need to set up a spreadsheet in put in all the testing data you have so far, most of the insight here is based on reading the data in your SS. If you have any trouble or need help, say so, there are a couple people here that are wizards with a SS. Here's the link:

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/

Read, read, read as much as you can, the stickies at the top of this forum. It's a lot of information, and nobody expects you to have it down lickety split, but the more you familiarize yourself, the better off you and Gizmo will be.

3. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome Adrian & Colorado Gizmo! We have like 3 or 4 Gizmos now! The Wellness changed their formula in the turkey a few months ago and most of us who were using it as the go-to have switched to other things since the phos levels went way up on the Wellness.

4. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome fellow Gizmo bean!

5. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome Gizmo from Colorado! Take a look at Titans SS it took us a while to get him regulated plus we found out he was positive for acromegaly which compounded the problem. Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.