conflicting schedule. Morning shot

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Laly&Kitiara, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laly&Kitiara

Laly&Kitiara Member

Hi, I wonder if anyone can give me some advice: I have to get some blood tests tomorrow morning myself and it conflicts with Kitiara's morning shot. She is on Levemir every 12 hs. Would it be better to shot her 1/2 or 1hr earlier? or later than usual? Should I still hold her moring food until after I give her the insuline in either option (ie delaying or advancing her morning shot?). I imagine some of you might have had the same difficulties in the past. But being new to this, this one is my first.
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

An early shot is like an increase/ a latter shot is like a decrease in dose. For safety you may want to give it to her later. Don't feed or test, do your appointment then come home and preceed with your routine with your normal dose.

That night, inject 12 hours from when you do your AM shot.

The next day you can jump back up again by 30 mins in the morning or 15 minutes in the morning and night. Repeat until you get back on to your regular time table.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    Laly&Kitiara likes this.
  3. Laly&Kitiara

Laly&Kitiara Member

hey tracey excellent advice I was thinking the same about giving the AM shot later for exactly the same reasons. But having no experience I did not want to risk it

And I definitely would not have thought of the timing of the pm shot and the 30' / 15' increments. You are a real life saver I cannot tell you how grateful I am. Really thanks so much i appreciate it. :bighug:

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.