Confused

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Glenn, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glenn

Glenn New Member

hi i originally came on here under thread shocked and now after months of treating Tasha a 11 year old female I’m unsure what to do we started at 375 bg the vet said 2shots pet day 1 unit each of lantus well 2 weeks later her bg went to 31 so the gave her glucose or something and told us to she in remission so we stop shots and 2 weeks later her thirst and urin levels went back up so we tested her at vets again and she was 371 so they said to give one shot 1 unit per day well that did good but after 2 weeks which was yesterday we took her for a check at 1 pm she had eatin 1/2 can of f f and some dr hill glucose dry food well her bg was 54 which made no sense as her litter clumps are in middle of highest she had and lowest so the vet now said 1/2 unit per day which is hard to see and I’ve not found needles that have a mark for that also her litter clumps are middle to large so not sure what to do the litter symptoms tell me she needs insulin but sugar level says not anyone have this experience? I’ve just order dr fosters alpha track 2 we will start home test soon also a curve was done 2weeks ago which level went to 371 high but only brief time went down to 220 by end of day

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Sugar levels fluctuate during the day. The only way to know for sure what's going on is to test daily at home.
    I have a video in my signature showing how I test my cat CC at home.

There are definitly syringes with half unit marking.

This will make it easier to do smaller doses.

https://www.adwdiabetes.com/product/6941/bd-ultra-fine-insulin-syringes

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I also found ReliOn syringes with half unit markings at Walmart, after getting a box of the wrong thing :banghead: My box is not labeled half unit, but the labeling says: ReliOn Insulin Syringes, 3/10ml cc, 29 gauge, 12.7mm (1/2") length (that's needle length).

4. Glenn

Glenn New Member

Thanks for the info I ordered some online my eyes ain’t the best need the half marks and didn’t know Walmart had them next time I’ll go there was a script needed?

5. Idjit's mom

I live in Washington state Glenn, no script needed here for syringes. Would you feel comfortable adding a geographic location to either your profile or your signature so that we know what time zone you are in? It can be as general or specific as you like.

6. Glenn

Glenn New Member

That whould be a good idea I’m in Levittown pa

7. Idjit's mom

Sorry, I don't see it added to the signature or profile. Just go up to your username in the upper right hand corner of the page, select and then select Signature. You can edit the signature and add that you are in PA.
    As soon as you get that AlphaTrak meter, you will be able to monitor Tasha's blood sugar levels (BG) and know that you are doing the most important thing to keep her safe. Keep posting, ask questions and let us know how you and Tasha are doing. It's critical to know because changing to a low carb wet diet lowers the BG, and you don't want Tasha's BG to go too low.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.