? Constipated sugar kitty

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Clare & Jerry, Apr 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clare & Jerry

Clare & Jerry New Member

Jerry hasn't had many poops over the last few days - he shares a letterbox with another cat so whilst I can usually tell the difference between their bathroom habits, I can't be 100% sure that none of them are his!

I think I saw that Movicol was ok for him to have - but how much should I give him? I have powder sachets that are 13.7g

I'm in the UK.

Thanks in advance :)

Clare & Jerry

Attached Files:

2. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes that's fine - that's the same thing as Miralax here in the US. With miralax, the dose is 1/8th tsp twice a day. I forgot to check to see if they're the same strength....if I run across it, I'll edit and add it...

Clare & Jerry likes this.
  3. Clare & Jerry

Clare & Jerry New Member

That's great - thank you - I'll pop some into his evening meal :)

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Miralax (ant its generics) is 100% polyethylene glycol 3350. From the label for Movicol, Movicol is polyethylene glycol 3350 mixed with electrolytes.
    I would get and use 100% polyethylene glycol 3350 (macrogol 3550)

5. Clare & Jerry

Clare & Jerry New Member

Thanks Larry - can you suggest an alternative that I can purchase in the UK? Movicol was the only thing in the UK that I could find that was close to Miralax :(

6. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

It looks like it's pretty much the same thing, just with some electrolytes added like sodium and potassium

It should be fine to use

I'm not sure about dosage in grams, but the Miralax we usually suggest 1/8th teaspoon twice a day to start and titrate up as needed

What's really important is to get as much water into him as possible....it works by pulling water out of the intestine and into the stool to "soften things up"

7. Clare & Jerry

Clare & Jerry New Member

It looks like Jerry has done a poop overnight and his BG was back where I'd expect it to be at AMPS so fingers crossed he's heading in the right direction.

Thanks Lyresa, Larry and Chris :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.