Contour meter test strip question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by FurballLover, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

Good Morning All!!

I am using the bayer contour meter and need to order more test strips. Went to the hocks website and they have contour test strips, but they are labeled as ascensia contour, not bayer. They look the same--are they?

Another question--can we re-use the lancets? I use the microlet2 lancet device. If we do re-use them, do I need to swab them, and how many times can I re-use them?

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

yes, the ascencia contour is the same as bayer contour so the strips are fine.

as far as reusing lancets, you can use them for a few pokes. they are pretty cheap so a lot of people change them out with each poke. personally i think it's a little bit of a hassle so i use 1 per day so i use it for two pokes basically.

as a matter of fact, while at hocks.com, look them up. there's a brand on there for $1.49 a box, 100ct, that should work just fine in your contour lancing device.

3. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Jen,
    You can also get Contour test strips on Ebay. I get all of mine that way. I usually pay 30 cents or less for each strip, so a bottle of 50 would be $15. It's sometimes hard to get them for this price, but that's always my goal.

4. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

Often Contour strips are bundled with "free" lancets in Ebay auctions. If you go that route, you might find a cheap source for both.

(I wonder how many of us are bidding against each other on Ebay?)

I have used economy priced lancets from Hocks, and they work great for us, tho I free hand the pokes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.