Could Someone Look at Cole's SS? Advice?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by beene5052, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beene5052

beene5052 Member

Cole's numbers are getting higher each morning. I think he is thru the bounce period from his low greens several nights ago. So not bouncing I don't think?

2. beene5052

beene5052 Member

Actually he in his 5th cycle since low greens. Should we wait another day to increase dose? Thank you.

3. beene5052

beene5052 Member

He is also drinking a lot and peeing a lot.

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I would try 0.75 units.
    However, I would switch to a better insulin like Lantus/Levemir or the pet insulin ProZinc. The response you are seeing is typical of N. It really does not last 12 hours and usually peaks at about 5 hours. With N you have a relatively high PS like you are seeing when you get a good (low) minimum. With Lantus/Levemir and ProZinc you generally have a flatter curve.

5. beene5052

beene5052 Member

Thank you for the advice. Will shoot .75 units this PM. We have ordered Lantus from Canada. We should be getting it sometime next week. These peaks and valleys are so disturbing. He is also showing clinical signs of high #'s again with all the drinking/peeing which is also disturbing since we haven't seen this behavior since diagnosis/ER visit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.