? Could Use Some Feedback

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Michaellh33, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michaellh33

Michaellh33 Member

Looking at my spread sheet does it look very good for my cat going into remission? I just don't think I will be able to guarantee that I am always able to give him his shots in the morning and at night with my coming semester/work. Not to mention I will be going on trips to Puerto Rico sometime in the next year for at least a week and I don't know anyone that would be willing to take care of my cat for that long and I don't really have the money to leave him at a vet. Is it reasonable to hope he will go into remission anytime soon or is it not really looking like it?

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

There's really just no way to know what the future holds....some kitties reach a "breakthrough" dose and come flying down the dose ladder..others will never get there.

One thing I can suggest and that is to post more often and let us see how he's doing. You're holding the dose too long and that can let some glucose toxicity set in which just makes it harder to gain control

You might want to remove the GA on your subject line....we use that for "Gone Ahead"...for our kitties that have left us for the Rainbow Bridge

3. Michaellh33

Michaellh33 Member

I will try to update more. Sorry, I thought the GA was general advice, sorry about that.

4. Michaellh33

Michaellh33 Member

Given my current dosing should I still maintain or change the dose?

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

With that 180 tonight, I'd hang on to the 3U for at least tonight's cycle and see what happens. He got down to 92 just a couple of cycles ago, so he may still be bouncing and be starting to clear that bounce tonight

I'd plan on getting a +2 tonight ....a lot of times that can give you a heads up as to what they're going to do later in the cycle.

When the +2 is lower than the Pre-shot, it can mean they're going to come down more during that cycle

If it's about the same as the PS, that can mean a pretty "normal" cycle where they slowly go down to nadir, then come back up by the next Pre-shot

If it's higher than the PS, that can mean they're starting another bounce and those are the cycles it's usually OK to take a pokey break.

Why don't you move over to the Lantus/Levemir Forum soon....You'll get the most experienced eyes watching out for you there.

Here's some information on "Making the most of your Lantus/Levemir ISG experience" to help with how we post over there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.