Curls the Cuddle Kitty

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by DylanTeresa, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DylanTeresa

DylanTeresa New Member

Hello, I’ve got an 11 year old diabetic cat who is still full of life and love. I unfortunately need to find him a new home, I have a newborn and his behaviors are getting worse. He pees on everything, won’t use the box half the time, thinks he doesn’t get fed enough (I feed him 3 times a day) so he keeps getting into our food, he’s attacked my boyfriend and I’m worried he might attack my baby once he’s moving around on his own. I don’t know what else to do, I love my kitty very much but the health of my baby comes first.

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Hi. It sounds like these are symptoms of uncontrolled diabetes. If you get his glucose under control, it would probably resolve this. Is he on insulin? Do you test his glucose?

beggargirl likes this.
  3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that you are having this trouble. Your cat isn't feeling well, and is hungry because his body isn't able to process and use the food he is eating well. Are you treating the diabetes? When was the diagnosis? With home testing, a change in diet to low carb wet food, and insulin support you can have your lovable cat back. It is worth the effort to help him feel better.

Uno's mom likes this.
  4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

If you can get his blood glucose under control these behaviors will most likely resolve itself.

Uncontrolled diabetic cats need more food because their bodies are not properly utilizing the nutrients in the food ... So they are literally starving even though they are eating.

If you're willing to learn how to home test we can help you get her in better numbers and hopefully feeling better so the unwanted behaviors stop.

I have a video in my signature showing how I test my cat CC at home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.