Curve at home?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Shirls, Jul 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shirls

Shirls New Member

Our vet has asked us to do a curve test at home. Specifically to test Roo's blood every 2 hours for a 12 hour period. We plan to do it this weekend. Taking him to the vet to get this curve done is just not a great option for Roo, he gets so stressed out leaving home and we agree with the vet that the resulting numbers wouldn't be useful.

So what I'd like to know is there a spreadsheet of the items we should track to do a proper curve? Also any other tips and tricks we need to know? I don't want to test Roo 6 times in 12 hours and not track all the information the vet needs.

Also, I'm no pro at excel but I did get the insulin spreadsheet downloaded but can't figure out how to use it, can someone post an example of one filled in? (World version not USA). Thanks so much!

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

3. Shirls

Shirls New Member

Thanks @BJM, that was super helpful. I have a suggestion for the spreadsheet the addition of those helpful instructions into a separate tab on the spreadsheet :)

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Everyone here tries to make sure folks have the support, information, and tools they need to help them manage the cat's diabetes most optimally. (And when you discover you have the answer to someone's question or can be supportive, you are encouraged to share!)

That would need to be approved by the moderators for the message board (attn: @Jill & Alex (GA) ).

5. scoobydoox

scoobydoox Member

6. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Let me discuss this idea with a few other moderators.

Not sure what tagging Chris will accomplish. :)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    Reason for edit: to clarify
    Marje and Gracie likes this.
  7. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

My vet has me record Callie's numbers on a piece of graph paper. I put the numbers on the left side going up from 50,75,100,125 and up to 500.I put the hours accross the bottom. put a dot every time you do a test and then make a line from dot to dot to make the curv. Just like you did in math class. I do this once a week. Then I drop a copy at the Vet's when I'm out.

8. scoobydoox

scoobydoox Member

Considering Chris set up my spreadsheet and others?

9. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Individuals who can facilitate those types of changes are the Board Administrator, Moderators, and/or the owner of spreadsheet templates. With something like this, usually a few Moderators and template owner would discuss, conclude, and then act if the change improved the current situation.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

As the owner of the SS templates, I’m discussing the suggestion with the moderators.

Also....you are always free to refer new members to me if they need a SS set up for them. I have a few extra tricks in my bag that makes it easy for me to do in very, very short order and I have a really thorough working knowledge of the template. That comes in handy if I set the SS up for someone because I retain editing rights and if they have issues down the road, it’s very easy for me to fix it for them. Sometimes members accidentally delete formatting that they can’t see without knowing that they’ve done it.

11. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

If you need help setting up the SS, I’ll be glad to do it for you. Please just send me a PM by clicking on “Marje and Gracie” to the left and then select “start a conversation”.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.