Curve Testing - and Food All Day as usual or take away?.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Bryan & Princess, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryan & Princess

Bryan & Princess Member

OK,

I admit I have been procrastinating doing the "Curve" for at least one day on my Princess. I am still trying to get testing to be nice and smooth.

I typically leave her Friskies Pate out all day and take it away 2 hours before PM testing, then give her FF in the evening which is always gone 2 hours before AM testing.

Do I need to take her food away all day to check her curve today?

Thanks,

Bryan

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

No food for 2 hours before the pre-shot tests. Other than that, continue to feed as normal during the curve.

G & I and JanetNJ like this.
  3. Bryan & Princess

Bryan & Princess Member

But if I am testing every 2 hours she would not get to eat all day (-: this is my dilemma, maybe I will try every 3 hours testing her.

4. FurBabiesMama

You only need to take food away for 2 hours before the PRE-SHOT test. So, just the tests that you do before her insulin shots.

If you do not feed as normal, you are messing with the validity of your curve. It will not give you an idea of her glucose levels on a 'normal' day.

G & I and beggargirl like this.
  5. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

i did our official curves while leaving food out like normal. after-all it was part of our daily schedule so i wanted tux's insulin dosage to be decrease or increase based on his regular daily numbers and not based on fasting BG.

Bryan & Princess likes this.
  6. Autumnsmom

Autumnsmom New Member

When I do Autumn's curves I was told to do it two hours times two after a m insulin, then 4 hours after the p.m. insulin. But because I'm home all day I tend to give her more wet during this day. Am I messing her curves up?

7. FurBabiesMama

A standard curve is testing before an insulin shot then every two hours after that until the next pre-shot test. Food should be handled as it normally is on any other day since the goal is to see the impact of the current insulin dose under normal circumstances.

G & I likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.