Daisy Girl, New to FDMB

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Daisygirl^^, Jun 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daisygirl^^

Daisygirl^^ Member

Hello everyone! Thank you for adding me! My girl Daisy is 12 y.o and diagnosed in jan 2016. She currently is on lantus 1.5u 2xday with wet food (FF classics) only. She gets one snack between meals (FFclassics). She is on medications of casipride (helps with bowl movements), maralax and B12 vitamin. She has neuropathy and is walking on her nocks:(. Currently, still trying to tackle her difficulty with bowl movements (one per 2-3days). We home test BG and her numbers continue to be high ranging from 300s-200s. I am considering raising her to 2.0u. After finding this message board and joining the FB group I have been reading numbers in 50-100 is best. I was told by my vet that "under 100 is dangerous". So, currently I'm confused as to what is best. Any advice would be monumental! This week I have off of work and can monitor her, hoping to get numbers down!! Thank you
    Mere:bighug:

Forgot to note that we started on Vetsulin which caused her numbers to be all over the place and two episodes of hypoglycemia so I'm terrified of low numbers. I choose to switch to lantus due to success I researched as well as significantly less dosage required. Her neuropathy has improved. She was walking about 2 ft, then laying down. Now, she is walking around the house (but on her nocks)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    Reason for edit: Adding more hx information.
  2. Daisygirl^^

Daisygirl^^ Member

We use RelinOn micro (human meter) it only requires a small sample, I forgot to add that on my post :) . Today her preshot reading was 310 (fed wet food and administered 1.5u). Additional readings include: +5hr BG 232, +7hr BG275. I still feel like these numbers are high. However, much better from 400s and 500s we were getting! Go Team:cat:

3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Hi welcome Mere and Daisy! For neuropathy try Zobaline. It is a methylB12 supplement for diabetic cats. You can get it through Amazon. If you can, please set up a spreadsheet to record your numbers. It will help you, your vet and us to see how well the insulin is working. Lantus is a great insulin, after you get the spreadsheet set up, post in the Lantus a forum for help with dosing.
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/
    If you need help setting it up, just ask and someone will be glad to help.

4. Daisygirl^^

Daisygirl^^ Member

Great! Thank you. Yes Daisy get Zobaline for several months now!

Sharon14 likes this.
  5. Ruby&Baco

Ruby&Baco Well-Known Member

Hi Mere and Daisy, and welcome!

Daisygirl^^ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.