? Dave's canned cat food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Akasha, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akasha

Akasha New Member

Has anyone tried Dave's Cat Food brand and if so, did you cat do well on it? I'm thinking of trying the 95% chicken & chicken liver formula but want to make sure it's a good food to give my diabetic cat. https://www.chewy.com/daves-pet-food-95-premium-meat-grain/dp/51465

I usually feed her Fancy Feast Classic (which she loves but I heard FF changed their formula so it's higher in carbs and also I hate that FF doesn't come in bigger cans) and Nature's Variety Instinct Wet Food.

Would love to hear opinions from those who've tried this food and also what flavors your cat liked best.

Tia

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

from the ingredients it should be relatively low-carb.
    Ingredients
    Chicken, Chicken Liver, Chicken Broth, Natural Flavor, Calcium Carbonate, Flaxseed, Sun- Cured Alfalfa Meal, Tricalcium Phosphate, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Carrageenan, Guar Gum, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Magnesium Amino Acid Complex, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate, Thiamine Mononitrate (Source of Vitamin B1), Niacin Supplement (Source of Vitamin B3), Vitamin E Supplement, Cal- Cium Pantothenate (Source of Vitamin B5), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Source of Vitamin B6), Riboflavin Supplement (Source of Vitamin B2), Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D2 Supplement, Folic Acid.

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Dave's foods are fine for a diabetic cat

upload_2017-9-18_13-51-13.png

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I heard that too...but while it is true that they fiddled with it a little, it hasn't made any difference in China's numbers. She is still eating Fancy Feast

It caused some cats to have some loose stools, but the carb percentage is still OK for sugarcats

ECID....if your cat likes it and it doesn't cause any problems, there's no reason you can't continue to feed it

5. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Just note that the varieties of Daves' canned in Dr P's chart does not include the variety in Tia's link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.