DCIN and other FD kitties

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by vansplic, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vansplic

vansplic Member

I put this in my thread about Itty's passing but wanted to make sure people read it. I didn't want people to miss it because they had already left condolences and were no longer tracking Itty.....

I have thought a great deal about the DCIN kitties and peanut. I do not feel it would be ethical of me to take on another kitty, especially a special needs kitty, right now when I owe the vet SO much money. HOWEVER there is still something everyone can do to help me possibly help another kitty... PLEASE continue spreading the word about Itty. The faster the vet bills are paid the faster I can begin to feel comfortable helping another kitty. Itty is on Facebook under Itty Bitty but I discovered that for some reason she was difficult to find. If you can't find her I am on there under Cameron Van Splinter and can send a friend suggestion. Just please if you friend request me put FDMB in there as I don't usually accept requests from people I don't know. "Itty" accepts any requests she can get! And the number of people friending her has continued to grow dispite her passing. If nothing else we can use it to get the message out that FD kitties are nothing to be afraid of!!!

Thanks!

2. Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN)

Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN) Member

DCIN fundraising

DCIN will channel donations to Cameron for Itty's vet bills. Donating through DCIN will make your donation tax deductible.

I have asked Cameron to set up a ticker letting us know how much she needs and how much she has raised. DCIN will be making a donation towards Itty's vet bills from its general fund monies.

3. vansplic

vansplic Member

I am working on the ticker but am technologically challanged. So... Itty's unpaid ballance was $663 and we have already managed to get $125 donated!

I talked to the vets office this morning to make sure everything was set up for them to be able to accept DCIN's help. They were nearly in tears themselves because of your kindness and very glad that others are stepping up to help in this difficult time. I know that they too do a lot of good for critters in need!

Thank you everyone for your support!

Edited by Venita: Here's the Ticker, and the current balance of amounts donated. flip_cat

[​IMG]

4. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Bump to show ticker on previous post.

5. Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN)

Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN) Member

Bump

[​IMG]

I just paid the $325 raised through DCIN, plus $25 of DCIN general funds, to Itty's vet. There is still $188 owing to the vet. I'm hoping that there may be a few more folks out there who can chip in a bit to help Cameron pay off Itty's final costs.

6. vansplic

vansplic Member

Thank you all SO much for your support. I have friends that have expressed a desire to help but have not gotten to it yet SO... I think we are there given the unofficial "pledges" I have gotten!

I will continue to try and spead Itty's message with her Facebook page. My hope now is that we can set up a fund with DCIN to help other kitties in emergency situations. It is also my hope that her message will spread the word that diabetic cats can live happy healthy lives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.