Dear Mom...a must read from the old version of the forum

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Rachel, Jun 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

We've had some rough times here lately, so I went searching for this. I read it over many times when Gypsy and I first arrived. It was helpful to me and I hope it will be for all of you who are worrying yourselves a ton right now! :bighug:

http://www.felinediabetes.com/dear-mom.htm

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

:):):):)

3. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Where's the crying emoji?

4. Kris & Teasel

:(:arghh:?

Djamila likes this.
  5. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting that, Rachel. I needed that tonight.

6. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

7. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Awww you're welcome! I think we ALL need that occasionally. I hated when the old board got changed over and that somehow got lost.

8. Kris & Teasel

That was just what was needed, Rachel. We get so wrapped up in worry and wanting to do the right thing that a reminder like this is great. The FD road is a hard one for sure. :):bighug:

9. Diane1968

Diane1968 New Member

Thank you for posting this...Taylor was just diagnosed Monday, and I feel like a horrible catmom...I had to poke his ear THREE times this morning to get some blood out for testing, and then give him a shot. I'm super paranoid about EVERYTHING now.

10. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

It's tough being a mom to a sugar kitty! I've had to do several pokes before to get blood...but it really does get easier! As you do it more, you become better at it and crazy as it sounds the ear does learn to bleed!

Don't be too paranoid! Read the letter a few times when you need it. ;) I don't know if you posted elsewhere, but is there any way we can help you? Even if you just want to pop in and post a thread to vent when having a bad day...we ALL do it, including me ( and I don't even have a sugar cat anymore!).

11. Susan G & Jimmy G

Susan G & Jimmy G Member

Lol. Jimmy could have totally written that to me!! It's like going on WebMD and thinking you have every disease and disorder lol. Thank you for sharing that!

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  12. Jen and Alfie

Jen and Alfie Member

I love that letter. I read it after Alfie was first diagnosed and it was exactly what I needed to hear. It made me cry then and it did again just now!

We're only 5 weeks in to our sugar dance. I never believed all the people that said the testing and jabbing would become easier, but it really does. It's just part of our routine now, even if I'm still not loving getting up an hour earlier! ;)

13. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

14. PPCW

PPCW Member

This is so cool! Just what I needed. I am ashamed to say... I am guilty :p.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.