? Decrease dose?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Zelda & Walter, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Zelda & Walter

Zelda & Walter Well-Known Member

Hi— Walters BG number has finally started to decrease. This morning, it’s at 130. Do I continue with 3.5? He’s had two episodes of hypoglycemia. I work during the day and am worried about something happening while I’m away. SS is current.
    Thanks!
    Mary

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

If you can't be home to monitor today, you should probably skip. You don't have the data to know what he'll do if you shoot.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It's important that you start getting PM cycle tests -- at the very minimum, you need to get a before bed test every night. Right now, you're missing a great deal of data -- more than half. Lantus dosing is based on the nadir. I'm assuming with your work schedule, yu can't get spot checks during the day so PM tests are doubly important. Further, many cats have lower numbers at night. For example, with your AMPS, you have no idea how low Walter's numbers were last night.

Without knowing which dosing method you're using, we aren't able to tell you whether to reduce the dose. The reduction points are different between Tight Regulation and Start Low Go Slow.

4. Zelda & Walter

Thank you.

5. Zelda & Walter

Thanks. Still new to this and I appreciate the input.

Sienne and Gabby (GA) likes this.