Dental questions

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by rawia, Dec 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rawia

rawia Member

Hi all:cat:

I would like to ask you some questions about dental cleaning.

Does the regular teeth cleaning effect the BG or it will be only the vet stress?? I am planning to take Meme for dental cleaning, my Vet told me that she does not need at moment but i do not want to wait until some infection happened.

Another question, if she went into remission and need to pull out one teeth is that going to take her out of remission for sure or depends on the cat. Because her front tooth is little cracked and the vet told me that at some point this tooth has to be removed. I am affraid that all this will take her out of remission if we success to reach it soon.

So is it a sure thing for all cats or not? And can i do a normal cleaning now? Is ot safe??

2. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

If that tooth is definitely going to have to come out sooner or later you may as well get it all over with at once. I know that's easy for me to say but once she's under anesthetic your vet can get a really good look at all the other teeth and clean the teeth than are good. Noah needs ALL his teeth pulled but can't be put under general anesthetic so I do know where you're coming from.

3. marniepaul & miles

marniepaul & miles Member

I'm inclined to agree. Bad teeth can influence BG numbers. The procedure itself may affect the numbers in the short term, but avoiding a dental when it's needed isn't a good long term solution, so it's good you are going in.

Some vets have special pricing on dentals in February (Pet Dental Health Month). I'm taking Stratus in this week, but will hold off on Logan and see if I can get a lower price.

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  4. ZulusMom (GA)

ZulusMom (GA) Member

Every cat is different, but Zulu did not come out of remission from his cleaning and extraction. His numbers spiked into the 300s during the procedure, but went back down the next day, so it was a very temporary spike. I would go ahead and have it taken out.

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  5. rawia

rawia Member

Thank you.

I will see another vet for second opinion. My vet is really good and more than good but she said that Meme does not need cleaning now, there is some swollen in the gum but she think it is not too bad but i think that she needs that to avoid future problem so i will see what other vet say.

Barbara & Uncle (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.