Desirae and Talulah Say Hello from Texas!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Desirae, Feb 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desirae

Desirae New Member

Hello,

My name is Desirae, and my best friend Talulah is a 10 y/o tortie who was just diagnosed with diabetes. We were doing curves at the vet's for a while, but that was really less than helpful. Now we're attempting to monitor and manage her at home.

I'm glad to have found a place to discuss her with others going through similar experiences! It has definitely been quite a trial for both of us.

CindyR likes this.
  2. CindyR

CindyR New Member

Welcome ! The home testing was key to helping my Beau, along with all of the diet information found here. Beau says hi Talulah !

3. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Desirae and Talulah,

Welcome to FDMB. Sorry you find yourselves needing us but so glad you found us. There is an amazing amount of hands on experience amongst the members here so we can help you with anything related to feline diabetes and a whole lot more! This is a very friendly community willing and eager to share their knowledge and offer whatever support you need.

Let us know what we can help you with by posting over on the Health board. Here's a link to that board. http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/feline-health-the-main-forum.28/

Hope to see you over in Health real soon!

4. Andy & Pimp

Andy & Pimp Well-Known Member

Hi Desirae and Talulah!

Welcome to the best place you never wanted to be:)

My little buddy Pimp was diagnosed about 5 months ago. He was very weak and I was worried we were going to lose him. Once we got him on insulin and started learning how to manage here, he made a fantastic recovery and is back to the cat he used to be:joyful:

It's great that you're hometesting! You have jumped in with both feet first by coming here and learning to test, and you'll do a great job caring for Talulah's diabetes!

Hope to see you over on the Feline Health Board ;) You can ask any questions you have there, or just give us updates on how you and Talulah are doing!

5. Jeanne & Dottie

Jeanne & Dottie Member

Welcome Desirae and Talulah...LOVE your cat's name:cat: If you have a picture of your kitty, when you get a chance, throw it into your avatar slot in your, so we can see her sweet lil face.:D This can be accessed by clicking on your name at the top right hand of the page, next to Index and Alerts. And come on into the Feline Health/Main forum, so we can get you started in learning everything you never wanted to know about feline diabetes and how it affects Talulah.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.