? Diabetes Insipidus(water diabetes) info needed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Erosandkitty, Apr 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erosandkitty

Erosandkitty New Member

Hello all!

Ive adopted a second diabetic kitty two weeks ago(Margo). I took her in last week to be tested for a UTI as she was peeing randomly on things. I also had a thyroid panel done(normal). The thyroid panel was because of her ravenous appetite. The vet came back into the room and said "this cat isnt diabetic" as there were no signs of glucose in her urine. I told him she was.
    The vet has all her previous paper work and thinks Margo might be in renal failure(bc of no sugar in unine), but as of last months kidney test her numbers were fine. Today I discovered Diabetes Insipidus and I had a "ah ha" moment and I think this may be the answer. Im looking for best test to run to diagnose this and any other suggestions(food changes, medications etc). Thanks so much!

Her symtoms-

I need to log all her glucose readings but for the most part she is in a low number before meals(50-90's) and then her readings usually shoot up and then start to come down again. We are on 2U of Prozinc and eating Friskies Pate (turkey & giblets) & Liqui-Tinic Vitamin Supplement(B12,iron,Thiamine,B6,Niacinamide etc)
    • Increased urination (polyuria)
    • Increased drinking (polydispsia)
    • Housesoiling - occasional
    • Poor hair coat
    • Sudden weight loss
    • Lose stools
    • Increased appetite

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Can your post the results of the bloodwork and urinalysis?

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Could you give a couple of recent days of test values?

4. SpecklesandMe

SpecklesandMe Member

If you still need info on diabetes insipidus, please let us know. It's is extremely rare. There are different diagnostic tests that I can give you my 2 cents on.
    My cat has both types of diabetes.

Critter Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.