? Diabetic cat with uri

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tami combs, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tami combs

Tami combs New Member

My cat has chronic uri and has ave bg of 81 after 45 min to one hr after eating. Can i give him apple cidar vinegar and water and how much and how often. He has gone below 21 once after chg from dry to wet food. Hes now off insulin for about 2 mo and totally on wet mostly ff 1 sm can 2 to 3 times day. He weighs about 10 lbs and is about 15yrs old.

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I put a cpl drops in water bowl, but I do it because of uti

3. Tami combs

Tami combs New Member

I have fatboy on ff. He doesnt drink as much as he used to when his bg was in 400s and 500s on presctibed dry food. Can i just syringe the organic apple cider vinegar mixed with water. How much in syringe and how many drops fo i mix in the water? Does it keep urs healthy to just put drops in his water? I hav dogs who also drink the same water and other cats.

4. Tami combs

Tami combs New Member

Fatboy has upper resp ill and sneezes alot and drips some from nose so shakes his head

5. Tami combs

Tami combs New Member

Thanks guess ill try that. Is it a big bowl of water or small. Think ill put him in bathrm quarantine and try that as wks of antibiotics only helped for a short time. I want something more regular and not constant antibiotics which isnt gud for him

6. Bellasmom

Tami combs likes this.
  7. Bellasmom

8. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

If you have a nebulizer at home that could help with the uri. Steamy shower and vaporizers could help too. What antibiotics had he had for it?

Bellasmom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.