Diagnosed this morning

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Racheltwinset, May 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Racheltwinset

Racheltwinset New Member

Hello everyone, so very thankful to find this group.
    Our beloved Bunchy (8years old) gradually started peeing more in the last couple of months, drinking more water and eating more. We took him to the vet this morning, and she has diagnosed type two diabetes.
    We are a bit freaked out, not least by the regular lifestyle we will now have to lead- we are artists and work away on site a lot.
    But we are utterly determined to do right by him, even though right now it looks life changing, for us.
    So, very glad for any knowledge and support. Rachel

2. Julie and Honey

Julie and Honey Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and Bunchy!

Lots of good support and knowledge here.:)

There is a lot of good info in the yellow stickies at the top of each board.

Look around and if you have any health related questions feel free to post on the main Health forum.

If you would like, you can set up a signature with particulars like your kitty’s weight, diagnosis date, type of food, other health conditions, type of insulin, dose, etc. this will help other members to answer your questions and not have to repeatedly ask about the basics of your cat.

Setting up your signature (light grey text under a post). Here's how:
    click on your name in the upper right corner of this page
    click on "signature" in the menu that drops down
    type the following in the box that opens: kitty's name/age/date of diabetes diagnosis/insulin you're using and dosage amount /glucose meter you're using/what (s)he eats/any other meds or health issues (s)he has. You can add your name, and a geographic location (sometimes the time zone matters) Be sure to SAVE when you are finished.

3. Racheltwinset

Racheltwinset New Member

Thanks so much, will do that after next vet consultation tomorrow morning.
    Will ask a couple of questions on the health page now.
    Still shaky but so glad this page exists.

4. Karen&Rocket

Karen&Rocket Member

Welcome from another newbie! :) Just wanted to say hello and that I understand your situation; my husband and I are both classical musicians and our schedules are all over the place. It can be intimidating and frustrating at times but all I can say it's worth it (of course) and you're not alone! We're still ironing out the details; luckily things have worked out so far, but it has only been a few months since Rocket's diagnosis. So we're taking it one day at a time. Again, welcome, and best of luck to you!

Racheltwinset likes this.
  5. Racheltwinset

Racheltwinset New Member

Thank you! It feels frightening and life changing at the moment, but we’re full of plans already- second opinion tomorrow, change of food immediately. So glad Rocket is ok and you’re managing- that’s the encouragement we need now! X

Karen&Rocket likes this.
  6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I promise it gets to be a routine and much easier with time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.