Diarrhea problems: Any remedy?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sneaky pie, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sneaky pie

sneaky pie New Member

Hello,
    I introduced Sebastian earlier--my diabetic kitty--and I've already found some wonderful ideas here. We are transitioning from his dry food diet to wet food. Unfortunately, my older cat has developed diarrhea (as I was afraid she might). We also introduced Welness Core, the low-carb dry food, as a way of a smoother transition to cans. We are mixing their previous dry food with Welness Core for now. Still, my other cat's diarrhea has persisted for 3 days now and Sebastian himself had soft stools today.

Here is my question: Has anyone used any remedies successfully? I was reading about Pet Alive Runny Poo Relief. Any experience with it or anything else? (I'll call the vet at the moment he comes back from his brief break from the office.)

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I have never used any remedies. The concern with repeated diarrhea dehydration. Administering of fluids may be necessary. How is the cat's hydration?

3. sneaky pie

sneaky pie New Member

They have been drinking water as usual. I would stil like to ease the symptoms as safely as possible.

4. K.  Sya and Sophie (GA)

K. Sya and Sophie (GA) Member

Hi,
    My Sya has had the same issues. According to my vet it can be an ongoing battle with some of the the FD kitties. He had me start her on Rx Biotics (probiotic powder) formulated by Dr. Robert Silver. I also eliminated beef and fish flavors from her wet food. Right now she just does turkey and chicken. I have seen improvement over the past few weeks, so I am optomistic :smile:

5. sneaky pie

sneaky pie New Member

Thanks! I'll ask the vet about the powder.

6. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

The vet may have Forta Flora, a probiotic made by Purina.

7. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

I think each case is different. Tabby had really bad diarrea and I tried everything to fix it. Finally I figured out that certain food that had rice in it stopped the diarrea. He eats Friskies Turkey and giblets and Friskies Poultry Platter. They both have the rice and after a few days his stools were normal. You could give it a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.