Does anyone know about Whiskas Can cat food ..

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by marthamartha, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marthamartha

marthamartha New Member

I am trying to find out the calorie and carb content in Whiskas can cat food. Not the pouch. If anyone knows.. I would appreciate the answer. I feed Fancy feast but they seem to be getting tired of it.

2. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

3. marthamartha

marthamartha New Member

Binky's list has some Whiska's but they are not the new tray whiskas.
    Flavors I am searching carb and calorie count are as follows:
    Rotisserie Chicken Flavor
    Alaskan King Crab Flavor
    Seared Ahi Tuna Flavor
    and Blue Fin Tuna Flavor

My cats that are not diabetic love this. I need to know if this is ok for my diabetic boy?
    They are all marked new and come in a tray.
    Cats love them.. they are all tired of eating fancy feast low carbs .. which I feed to all my cats due to the health concerns.
    if anyone knows pls let me know.
    I have even contacted Whiskas . They could not tell me.
    thank you

4. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

You'll have to check the ingredient label then: http://whiskas.com/meal_time/default.aspx If there are no sources of carbs or sugars, then it should be ok. Try one and test bgs to see if your cat's typical bg levels are affected or not.

Will your cats eat other brands of low carb canned foods? There is a lot more you can feed than just Fancy Feast :smile: Wellness is another popular brand. Feed the ones that have the little yellow grain free triangle on the label. Wellness CORE is grain-free.

5. Gina & Yittle (GA)

Gina & Yittle (GA) Member

I don't know the actual carb count but before Yittle succumbed to the cancer he had a few bouts of not wanting to eat. Along the way we fed him all of the tub flavors of Whiskas which are pate style (all the ones you listed plus Filet Mignon and Turkey). None of them budged his blood sugar numbers in the slightest - he remained in diet controlled remission when he ate them. Based on that I'd have to say they're 10% or less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.