Dosing advice for Sam (again - please)

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sam-cat, Aug 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam-cat

Sam-cat Member

Hi would really appreciate anybody who can have a look at Sam's spreadsheet for us please :);):)

Think he is doing better on the lower dose - or am I imagining it...? And his BG becoming more stable. He seems to now be at a lower BG for pm dose than he is in the morning and this seems to be becoming his cycle?

I don't know that Sam will cope with stalling his tea every night and I can't really adjust the timing of his morning dose much in the morning to compensate.

Any advice on how much insulin to give him at these lower BG numbers would be really good.

Thanks
    Tess and Sam

2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

You're right that he is looking good! Those pretty yellows and blues are nice, aren't they?

I do see that he's getting that lower dose at night...have you considered lowering his AM dose too? It's possible that if you get a yellow in the AM and give him 0.8, you'll get a slightly higher PM number, enabling you to shoot more easily. He might even need less than 0.8...it's hard to tell.

I think, if he was mine, I'd try giving the same dose AM and PM as long as he's high enough...wouldn't give a higher dose on a higher number because it seems to give you that lower preshot next time and you don't want that. I really think consistency is good. If we can figure out a good dose that gives you high enough preshots with nice blues or dark greens at mid cycle, that would be good. What do you think?

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Looking a lot better on this lower dose. I like Rachel's suggestion to give the same dose AM and PM for now. You could start with 0.8 u AM and PM.

4. Sam-cat

Sam-cat Member

16.4 this morning - I will give him 0.8 and see how that goes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.