? Dosing question plus more

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by sherrib, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sherrib

sherrib Well-Known Member

I just don’t know what’s wrong w me, I’m not feeling well and my memory must want to take some days of........ LOL
    What’s is recommended Protocol for BG levels high but not high enough for a full dose. Here is my situation, skittles gets two units twice daily. When is BG is 140 ; shoot or not shoot? If so how much?

Waiting a hour or 2 hour throws off the whole cycle and that scares me.
    I need help and advice , my babies are 12 now. Skittles is my diabetic and his brother feisty he’s OK
    I’m probably just thinking too much because I have a lot of emotional stress going on my life right now, one of the proudest moment of raising children is going to be happening in about three weeks and that is my daughter graduating from high school and then leaving in the fall to go away to college and that there is bittersweet! I’m 48,I have been taking care of a child since I was 20. I’m completely lost,very stressed and can’t think straight so I need my other family... this family. This group , I don’t know I would do without everybody that has helped me and I hope people that I haven’t met yet help me as well as me helping people , is what keeps me going. Once my daughter leaves, I Just have my fur children
    Wow! Sorry this went way off topic I’m sorry it’s very heavily on my mind. So what do you do when you have numbers that aren’t high enough to shoot but what range do you stay in? Is there a list or something here for people to look at and if not can we get one going ? I Will volunteer my time for sure
    Thank you and I’m sorry about venting, she my last baby.... I’m going to be so lost but SO proud of her !

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Hi Sherri! Do you have any current data? It looks like your spreadsheet ends in March 2017.

There isn't a chart because what you do with a 130 or 140 depends on the cat and their overall trends in the data. For my cat, I could shoot the whole dose on that number and be perfectly safe. For other cats, they would need to skip the shot on those numbers. And other cats would need a reduced dose. It really just depends on the cat. When we can see the data over the past couple of weeks, we can help you figure out what might be best for Skittles.

Congratulations on your daughter's upcoming graduation! You really will be okay when she goes off to college. It will just take a little while to find new ways to fill your time, but it will happen. There are so many amazing places to volunteer, hobbies to begin, friendships to form....it opens up wonderful new opportunities for her as she learns and explores college, and for you too as you find your new ways of being as an empty-nester! And as you said, you'll still have your fur babies at home!

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  3. sherrib

sherrib Well-Known Member

I have has numbers, they just are not in the online site yet. I will add them. Thank you about skittles and the personal advice

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.