Dosing while giving antibiotics

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Asiina & Alex(GA), Apr 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asiina & Alex(GA)

Asiina & Alex(GA) Member

So since Alex was having a hard time getting regulated, the vet tested him for a urinary infection and found one and is giving me antibiotics. I'm finally getting him down to good numbers which I'm thrilled about, but since I know the infection can cause it to be harder to get regulated, should I stay on the same dose while he's taking the antibiotics? Would it be safer to lower it a little bit or just monitor more carefully at this dose? I wouldn't want him to hypo if he doesn't actually need to be on this much insulin and it's the infection that's causing it.

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry no one answered you sooner. I don't use Prozinc so hesitate to suggest anything to do with dosing. Looking at the SS it looks as if Alex could be bouncing from the 8.4 preshot last night. I think I would stick to the same dose and monitor closely. If you are still concerned I would suggest asking the question over on the Prozinc page where you will get experienced people who use Prozinc.

3. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Infection can cause glucose levels to be higher. Since you are testing, if you start seeing his readings lower, you may need to also lower his dose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.