Dr. Elsey’s wet pate? Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Julie and Honey, Dec 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julie and Honey

Julie and Honey Well-Known Member

DISREGARD POST, maybe not as healthy as I was hoping, see follow up post for suspect ingredient.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Reason for edit: removed, found more info after posting initial thread
  2. Julie and Honey

Julie and Honey Well-Known Member

NEVER MIND...

saw this ingredient on the label, which I Googled and did not like what I found...

Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide

Why do they do this? Make a healthy food and put one or 2 unhealthy ingredients.

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

It's not necessarily unhealthy....it's a way to add iodine to the diet which is an essential part of a complete diet.

You'll never find a food that doesn't have at least one "questionable" ingredient unless you make your own and can control exactly what you put into it.

4. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

If I avoided everything the internet says is bad for me, I'd spend my days huddled in the back of my bedroom closet, with a blanket over my head. And some days I'm tempted to do just that. Anyhow...

I twice bought the variety pack of Dr Elsey's patés. Though far from the pickiest of eaters, none of my cats would acknowledge it as food. It does have an odd whipped consistency. But I'd trust Dr Elsey's to produce a quality food. And who knows, this might be just what your cat needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.