? Dry feet can we use Bag Balm to moisturize?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Smokey'sMomma, Oct 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey'sMomma

Smokey'sMomma New Member

Smokey has very dry feet. The vet said we could use aloe, but I haven't found any that is 100 percent aloe. I just bought a can of Bag Balm for us to try on our super dry hands and feet. Hoping I can safely use it for him?

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

That is for cows right? I have used it on myself lots. What is the ingredients?

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Bag Balm is 8-hydroxy quinoline sulfate 0.3% in a petrolatum, lanolin base

4. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

i wouldn't use it on my cat since they lick their paws.
    my cat's back paws got really bad from him constantly drinking water and using litter box all the time before his diagnosis so i have been rubbing cold pressed coconut oil on our cat's back paw pads for almost a week now and am already seeing a big difference. it is safe for cats to ingest and actually good for them too. you just got to make sure you wipe their paws if you use clay litter and they go into litter box soon after applying. you can use olive oil too especially if you have a long hair cat, it will help with hairballs too if they lick it off but, i prefer the cold pressed coconut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.