Dweezil AMPS 468

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by monty_dweezil (GA), Nov 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monty_dweezil (GA)

monty_dweezil (GA) Member

And no real change for days until now he's finally dropping. And I'm worried he'll go low again like last Friday night.

Why are there SO many reds and pinks and then suddenly low green drops, which then causes red / pink bounces again?

If a 1.5 unit dose is too high then why are there more reds / pinks than anything else, with no real nadirs? And if it's not high enough, then why do the numbers drop 1-2 times a week to a low green nadir?

2. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Could you put the link to your last post in here? That would really help everyone to see what's been happening.

I'm curious: why did you reduce from 2 to 1.5 last night when all you had were reds and pinks? I might be missing something, but your doses aren't consistent AM and PM, and I can't see a reason why you're changing your dosing. Are you following a protocol like TR or SLGS?

Following the protocol and keeping doses consistent really help.

What kind of food are you giving Dweezil? Wet? Dry? Low carb, medium carb? :)

When was your human meter (Freestyle Libre) implanted? Mine started going wonky within about 10 days, so that could be a factor; it didn't last the whole two weeks.

Just throwing things out that I wonder about...

3. monty_dweezil (GA)

Mmm. At the cattery they had to increase his normal dose (of 1.5 AM and PM) to 2 units as his normal doses don't work so well there. In July at the cattery they had him almost up to 4 units and that only worked half the time. When he got back home, we reduce him back and it USED to usually be sufficient.

We are consistent AM and PM these days and have been for many weeks. There are gaps between readings due to 4 weeks, 6 weeks etc without the monitor. The doses were consistent then.

He eats many low carb wet foods during the day like the low fancy feasts and cats in the kitchen.

4. monty_dweezil (GA)

Well, today his normal dose is working for some reason, but because I had go out when his monitor said he was 180 and dropping straight down, I fed him some LC food, he went up to 216 and then 20 minutes later was back down to 180 and dropping. He was starving still so I gave him some MC food and he went up to 270 so I finally felt safe enough to go out.

I know that isn't low and in fact 270 is too high, but I find sometimes with him once he gets to that number of 180, he just keeps going down, and if I can't be at home to feed him later if or when he actually did go too low, it's difficult to know what to do. I can't risk not feeding him before I go out even though his number wasn't too low yet.

5. monty_dweezil (GA)

Well, after today's AM shot working, for some reason the PM one has acted as if it wasn't even given!! He's just gone up ever since like he got no insulin! What!?

6. monty_dweezil (GA)

Oh, and I didn't put a link to my last post as it was several weeks ago so I wasn't sure it was relevant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.