Dx 8/18. Newbie and paranoid

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by StephG, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

My furbaby Satan aka Chuck Norris is almost 10.(In January). Took him to the vet for rapid weight loss and his BG was 560+! After a week of strict diet change feeding every 12 hrs his at home bg was 350! Then he lost another pound. Diet wasn't enough. At 9.3 pounds he couldn't wait any longer to begin insulin. We started last night. (9/7) will post my questions on a different thread if I can't find some info on other posts.

Attached Files:

2. MissChelle

MissChelle New Member

Hey steph! Wow it sounds like Chuck Norris has been through it.

I'm new here also.
    My boy Mugs is 12 and was just diagnosed and we are starting treatments and I'm paranoid too.
    (I've been waking him up a lot to check for "alertness")

Don't feel alone or like you don't have somewhere to turn, theres a lot of help! Welcome!

3. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

We had a hypo incident tonight. I joined the forum because I didn't think my vet was right... my gut instinct saved my baby tonight with a lot of help from the wonderful people here! Vet started Satan on 7 units twice a day! He said it's 1 unit per pound and I've learned it's 0.1-0.3 units per pound! He got 7 times the amount he needed last night, 3x this morning and 7x tonight. I could have killed him. Haven't been a member yet for 6 hours and they helped save my baby!

4. Ragdoll

Ragdoll New Member

Holy crap! That's quite some cock-up by the vet! I'm sorry I'm a complete newb here too so can't offer any advice (other than to change vet), but I'm glad your kitty is OK and well done for spotting it! I also love his name :D

StephG likes this.
  5. Anitafrnhamer

Anitafrnhamer Member

Oh my!!!!! Find a new vet today. That is so frightening. I am glad that you found the forum.

StephG likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.