Ebony in ICU

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sara and Buttercup, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara and Buttercup

Sara and Buttercup Member

I'm on Pullman now with Ebony. He's in the ICU on pred and a couple of different chemos as well as anti nausea meds and something to coat his stomach, an IV. He's very ill but they have whipped into action to try to help him. I keep crying off and on uncontrollably. It's very emotional. The people in the ICU gave him a nickname. That made me cry. I have to go home today and leave him here alone for a day and a half in the ICU because I have to go back to work and take care of my diabetic, etc. Then I can come back on Sunday. He's being treated by an oncologist, another vet and a student vet. There is someone to monitor him 24 hours a day. I'm going to visit him pretty soon. I hate leaving him alone for 2 days but I have no choice. They've talked about a feeding tube through his nose if he doesn't start eating on his own soon. I don't want that but if it's necessary, I guess I'll ok it, I don't know. I don't like him to be poked and prodded too much but without this, he has no chance. Thanks everyone for all your advice and support. I'll catch up more when I get home.

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh, Sara. I am so sorry to hear this. But it does sound like you have found the best place with the best care. We will all be thinking about Ebony and holding you both close in our hearts. There are lots of people putting out positive loving vibes for Ebony.

3. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

Sending 'get well' vibes for Ebony.

4. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

prayers and white light

5. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Peace, prayers & healing to you & Ebony! Thinking of you both during this emotional time

6. Spacey & Ella

Spacey & Ella Member

thinking of both of you

7. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry, but it sounds like Ebony is in good hands.

I've never used a feeding tube, so cannot provide any insight, but here is a link that Dr. Lisa has on the subject, I hope this helps explains things to you: Feeding Tubes

8. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Please take an old dirty tshirt to leave with him, something with your scent on it. That should help calm him.
    So sorry this has happened. I'll keep praying for him.

9. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

You and Ebony are in my thoughts, Sara.

10. Jess & Earl

Jess & Earl Member

I'm glad he's somewhere with 24-hour expert care available. You're doing everything you can for him. You will both be in my thoughts.
    Jess

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.