Emmett • Zobaline B12 Question

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rob W. & Emmett, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Not sure this is the right forum, but as some of you know, Emmett is on Zobaline B12. He didn't have the classic hind quarter signs of diabetic neuropathy, but I was seeing some weekness in his front wrists (front hocks? -- the vet calls it carpal laxity). Vet didn't seem to believe it was diabetic neuropathy as she said she's seen it in cats who have NO diabetic treatment and Emmett wasn't too terrible in terms of his spreadsheet...she was actually quite pleased (and this was on June 20 -- Emmett hadn't achieved his awesome green streak yet).

Anyway, my question or observation and I don't know if it's just co-incidence but it seems like as soon as I started giving him the Zobaline B12 pill once a day he's been seeing a lot more green numbers. Does this make any sense? It just seems like the pill has helped regulate him...I'm guessing from what I've read about Zobaline that it probably is just a co-incidence. Just posing the question.

And...I bought 2 bottles...when do I stop giving it too him? I know he pees out the excess...should I just use it all up and then only buy more if he needs it?

R

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

If it isn't hurting, you could use it up. It isn't like it isn't natural.

How are his front legs doing?

3. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Well, he’s never stopped jumping around. He just seems more active overall. Also he seems to be more on his toes. Like happier gait. As I said he was never in bad shape, I just thought I’d try the b12.

He’s only been on it for about a week and a half but I’d would say they’re better. He was slipping sometimes...I haven’t noticed that recently. Time will tell.

I’ve got to get his weight down and now that he’s been green for a while I’m hoping that will be easier since he’s not constantly howling at me for food...Emmett is a VERY vocal cat. You can literally carry on a conversation with him...what he’s saying ...who knows lol.

R

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I am giving zobaline to my civvie Forrest and it has helped him tremendously with his hind leg weakness. I am going to continue on it for him. As far as it helping with regulation, I have not heard anyone else mention that. If it's a coincidence, it's a nice one!

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I doubt that methyl-B12 had a direct effect on Emmett's numbers. The effect may be secondary, though. Physical activity can cause a drop in BG numbers. If Emmett has been more active as a result of the B12, the increased activity may have a good effect on his BG.

6. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Ah yes, very good point. That does make sense. Could most likely be the reason. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.