Enriching wet food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sandra&Barney(GA), Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandra&Barney(GA)

Sandra&Barney(GA) Member

:coffee: So this addresses more protein which is the way to go for a diabetic cat.Don't know if its been mentioned before as I don't come on frequently.

Needed:
    a mini blender(or a big one if you don't have it)
    wet food(can be FF, Friskies, Wellness, you name it, with low carbs)
    Natures Variety Freeze Dried Raw(yes one was recalled, recently, but don't have that lot :) )

Now depending on what you feed your cat for can size, I put a small can in my mini blender and one medallion of Lamb or Chicken(they have other meats, Beef and ?) and a tablespoon of water.
    FIRST I take a fork and breakup the medallion, which makes it easier to pulverize in the mini blender.You could feed just the Natures Variety medallions but this stretches the budget by adding the FF, etc.

It is trial and error on the flavor your cat likes.There are maybe 20 or so medallions in a package.Ingredients are listed on the package.I ordered it online and got them on sale.It is around 20.00 a bag if you search, maybe cheaper.I know it isn't affordable for everyone.

Wish I'd done it for BARNEY(GA).He was such a picky eater.

I have a Maine Coon Civvie who was the poster child for this idea.I just whipped up some Wellness Salmon(dry) and FF Salmon not even using the medallions.Usually it is Lamb Medallions and FF Beef.

It works for us.
    Purrs,
    Sandra&Barney(GA)

2. Terri & Tananda

Terri & Tananda Member

Sandra,

Thanks for the tip! I have some of the Natures Varitey and my cats won't touch it. Mabey this will do the trick!

Regards,
    Terri

3. Sandra&Barney(GA)

Sandra&Barney(GA) Member

Forgot to add the taste test,LOL

BTW, I've had to wipe it on their lips to get them to see they like it.If they just sniff it(which they do, and try covering it up or walk away) once they taste it, they eat it.
    Purrs,
    Sandra&Barney(GA) :coffee:

4. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Baby LOVES NV Raw Chicken & Rabbit.. I never thought I could say that.. she was a dry food addict & I lost my mind trying to get her on canned - but now I roll the raw up in little balls, put a drop of water on each & sprinkle Halo Freeze Dried Chicken on it & it is all she will eat now (when I am home) she eats Wellness when I am not home (since I cannot leave Raw out all day)

I think I will try your trick for her sister Sadi though.. because I have done EVERYTHING to get her to try Raw & she REFUSES

**Also, if you sign up via email on their website - they send you a coupon for buy one bag -- get one free! It is great!

Thanks!

5. Gia and Quirk

Gia and Quirk Member

The key to Quirk's remission, all those years ago, was adding 'people' protein to his diet every meal and at snack time. This meant cooking extra meat or sauteeing some ground chicken or turkey breast for him. As many here remember, Quirk's remission took about 10 days, I'm certain the protein loading was a big factor,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.