? Eosinophilic granuloma on lower lip?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by LaurenandGouda, Jan 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaurenandGouda

LaurenandGouda Member

Any members out there have experience with this? My 8 year old tabby just had 6 teeth pulled at the end of last month, recovered just fine, and suddenly 3 weeks later has this puffy lower lip. He’s acting completely normal, eating and it doesn’t seem to pain him. Making an appointment with the vet, but just wondering if you have experience.

Attached Files:

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I have lots of experience with eosinophilic granulomas. Teasel's sister was plagued with them when she was younger and sometimes her face looked awful. I learned to let the lesions run their course. They didn't seem to bother her - no scratching at them, etc. It's subsided a lot over the years and that's been helped by her eating the same prescription hypoallergenic wet food since she was very young. She's 8 now.

LaurenandGouda likes this.
  3. LaurenandGouda

LaurenandGouda Member

@Kris & Teasel Thanks for the reply. Which hypoallergenic wet food do you give her? Is it low carb?

Right now my cat Alfie (with the lip issue) is nondiabetic but is eating the same Fancy Feast Classic Wet Food that my diabetic cat is. He seems to love it and hasn’t had any issues for 5 or so months, but I have wondered over the last couple of days if Fancy Feast is what is causing this skin issue suddenly.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Teasel's sister eats $$$ Royal Canin prescription hypoallergenic wet food. I have no idea of the carb content. I think it's duck based.

BTW - cute pair of kitties you have there! :)

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

One of my two year old girls has EGC. My vet said it’s likely protein. I was rotating and she can’t eat chicken, pork,turkey, or beef. I switched to a new protein she had t eaten in the past. Right now she’s eating duck. Fingers and paws crossed she doesn’t build an issue with duck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.