Errol and Lizzey

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lizzey and Errol, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizzey and Errol

Lizzey and Errol Member

Hey y'all! My name is lizzey and I just found out on Friday that my baby, Errol, has diabetes. It was a huge shock for me. I adopted Errol from a human society last September after I saw a picture of him on Facebook. I knew I had to have him. He was 10 years old at the time and had a kidney disease. Most of the time that would scare people away from adopting an animal but all I could think about was giving him the best life I could give him. Errol has changed my life in so many ways and when I found out he had diabetes my heart broke. My amazing vet told me about this sight and I am so thankful that it was created and full of wonderful people that care for their furbabies. It has definitely helped me relax and learn as much as I can so I can continue to give everything the world has to offer to my baby.

2. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

Welcome! Congratulations on the fairly new addition to your family. How wonderful of you to adopt an older cat!

You do have an amazing vet, since he/she recommends this site, I will assume the vet agrees with methods of treatment recommended here. Home testing. Low carb canned food. Start low and go slow with long lasting insulin.

Since you've been reading here, you know that this is a great place with a lot of help and resources to help people with diabetic cats. Keep reading and ask questions on the Health forum.

Lizzey and Errol likes this.
  3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and Errol! Kudos to you for adopting an older kitty with health issues. :) How can we help you?

4. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Welcome Lizzey and Errol!
    So great of you to adopt a adult kitty, even with a condition! We have other members who are dealing with both conditions. You'll find great help here! Come post on the Main Health forum so more eyes can see your situation :cat:

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Well the good news about diabetes is that it's very treatable. Many cats have periods of remission (mine has been in remission for 10 months now), and others live long healthy lives on insulin. We are here to help.

6. Tasha & Darwin

Tasha & Darwin Well-Known Member

Welcome! So awesome of you to adopt a senior kitty with kidney issues - what a lucky boy! And kudos to your vet for recommending this site! :cat:

7. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB Lizzey and Errol! More kudos from me for taking in an older kitty with existing health issues. What a lucky little soul Errol is to have been chosen by you. Sounds like your vet is a keeper...he has pointed you to a community of crazy cat people who can and will help you look after Errol in the best possible way! :D

8. Lizzey and Errol

Lizzey and Errol Member

Thank you everyone! It is a huge help to know that there is more people out there that are going through the same thing. It makes it much more manageable and makes me feel more secure knowing that the loving cat community is there to help Errol and I embark in our new journey!

JanetNJ likes this.
  9. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Hey! Welcome. You are good people for taking in an older cat.. and with a kidney disease.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.