? Evening PT in yellow! 9/19 Scout AMPS=442; +7=166

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by sandscout, Sep 19, 2019.

1. sandscout

sandscout Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/cat-suddenly-begins-biting-during-testing.219229/

Because of the biting problem I’ve had with Scout, I’ve only been doing AMPS and PMPS tests.
    I had increased his dose to 0.75u and his numbers have been mostly pink and red. Well, really more red. And it’s been 7 days now. But this afternoon I tried to sneak in a +7, hoping not to get bitten, and his # was 166 - I think maybe +7 could be his nadir? It sure was good to see some blue!!!
    Now I don’t know if I should increase him by .25 u like I was planning to. Would you mind taking a look and telling me what your thoughts are?

2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

bump :)

sandscout likes this.
  3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I know we've probably been harping at this but since Lantus dosing is based on the nadir, getting tests somewhere around the middle of the cycle is important. Like you saw today, there's some logic to the notion that Scout is in lower numbers at nadir, bounces back into high numbers, takes 3 days to clear the bounce and the whole thing starts over again. Whatever you can do to convince Scout that there are treats in his future if he lets you test would be a good thing!

The 166 is a safe number. I would go ahead and raise the dose.

Sonia & Leo and AmandaE like this.
  4. sandscout

sandscout Member

@Sienne and Gabby (GA)
    No, I don’t think this is being harped on, I’m truthfully glad that it’s been mentioned as many times as it has. Remembering this is why I’ve been trying to get a test in the middle of the cycle to determine the nadir. Because I know we adjust dosage based on that, not in AMPS or PMPS alone. So glad he cooperated and I was able to get a test in there!

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  5. sandscout

sandscout Member

PMPT was 274!!! In yellow!! So glad!!!
    Maybe things are turning around :p