Evening update 07/02/18 Squallie AMPS 101, +5/83, +10/88, PMPS 118

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Squalliesmom, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Squallie is pretty much the same today, maybe a little less swollen. He hardly ate anything last night, but this morning he's really making an effort. So far he's eaten close to 1/2 can of FF. :) And he hasn't given up on it, yet. :cat: He is a little dehydrated, which concerns me. Something else to mention to the vet when he calls this AM.

ETA: His Hill's a/d will be here today, maybe that will be easier for him to eat. The spirulina should be here, too, so I can make him a liver shake.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Many hugs to sweet Squallie. He sure is a little trooper. i hope today is better for him and his mouth gets better every day. Reminds me of my full mouth extraction and getting dentures shoved in there immediately. At least he doesn't have to have plastic kitty chompers to deal with. Sending all kinds of healing energies to him.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  3. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Lou! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Squallie will be able to eat more for you today and feel better. Sending prayers for quick healing. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  5. Squalliesmom

Thank you, Carla! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Beth 73 likes this.
  6. Squalliesmom

I just got off the phone with the vet, he says other than pawing at his mouth, he thinks Squallie is progressing well enough not to need to be seen yet. He says, and it makes sense, that if the sutures are bothering him, there's not really much we can do about it at this point. He isn't too concerned about dehydration as long as Squall is eating at least some of his food. He said that this morning's 1/2 can is good, and Squallie has gone back to it again and is still trying to eat more. :) If he continues as he is, he will go in for his 2-week check the week after next; if anything changes they will see him right away. :)

7. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Nice report from the vet!

Sending more healing and eating vines to Squallie.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  8. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I hope Squallie continues to eat and get to feeling better soon, good report from vet, sending healing vines your way:bighug::bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  9. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Go Squallie !!! Good news this day , Lucy :bighug: Agreeing with Carla , that Squallie will heal quickly and well :bighug:❤️ And that your heart can be at rest during the process :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  10. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Amanda! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Beth! :bighug::bighug::bighug: But you know what a worry-wart I am, lol! I'll be a mess 'til he's fully healed and all I s back to normal. :rolleyes::facepalm:

Beth 73 likes this.
  12. carfurby (GA)

It could be that it just feels funny to Squallie and it's not that he is in pain. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  13. Squalliesmom

Thank you! He's still trying to eat, every little bit helps, right? Appreciate the healing vines! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Bellasmom likes this.
  14. Squalliesmom

That's what I was thinking, too. He's pretty full of bupe, so I don't think he's feeling a lot of pain. I think maybe food is getting caught on the sutures and it makes him feel like something is stuck in his mouth. Kind of reminds me of a dog who's been given peanut butter. Hopefully when the sutures absorb, it'll stop bothering him! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

15. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

16. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Glad the eating is slowly picking up :bighug:

Get to feeling better lil buddy :cat:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  17. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Elise! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

18. Squalliesmom

Thank you, Lizzie! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

19. Squalliesmom

Early this afternoon he walked over to his lunch dish, put his face down, and just started chowing down! He has eaten almost his usual amount for the day so far! Later, I was in my room and he came strolling in and I could see just from his bearing, he was a completely different cat than the one who was feeling so crappy this morning. I think maybe he's turned a corner; I hope so, anyway. He's adorable because he goes around with his little pink tongue sticking out a tiny bit, don't know whether it's because of the swelling or because there aren't any teeth there to stop it, lol. But he does seem to feel much better, and he's full of purrs. I guess dinner will be the next test. Fingers crossed!

20. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Sounds like more than incremental improvement. Go Squallie!!! :bighug: :cat: :bighug:

He had an avatar photo with his tongue sticking out when we first "met" some time ago, so to me this means he is back to his old self. :)

Squalliesmom likes this.
  21. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Wooooo hoooo :woot: Go , Squallie :woot: So so sooooooooooooo glad to hear this, Lucy :bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  22. carfurby (GA)

Wonderful news! :):):)

Squalliesmom likes this.
  23. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Fantastic!

Squalliesmom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.