Excited but nervous...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Shannon and Loki, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shannon and Loki

Shannon and Loki New Member

My kitty has had mostly really high numbers since finding out he was diabetic in July.. I've bumped his insulin slowly and we are currently at 4 units of prozinc every 12 hours. It's been 5 days since the increase from 3.5 - yesterday I saw my first number in the 200's! This morning he was 435 - just now- 4 hours later he's at 100!!!! I know 100 is really great.. but I feel nervous! Did it drop too drastically!?

2. Kris10S

Kris10S Member

I am NO expert yet, but I think most here would say that he is bouncing so don't be surprised if the number jumps back up tonight. His body just has to get used to the new dose and hopefully with balance it's self out with the dose. I know how excited I was to see a number in the blue and the green! I just have to continue to tell myself that it's a marathon and not a sprint, just so hard to watch your baby suffer.

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Glad you're seeing progress!

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Can you add some info to your signature such as the date diagnosed, food you are feeding, meter used, and insulin type?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.