Experience with Felovite or other vitamins?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sherri & Stash (GA), Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sherri & Stash (GA)

Sherri & Stash (GA) Member

Stash tested positive for FeLV last week, and among other things we are now giving him vitamins. Our vet sent home a tube of Felovite which is in a corn syrup base - so you can imagine how the BG are spiking! We will be back at the vet's this week to start ImmunoRegulin so I'm hoping to take him info on vitamins better suited to diabetics.

1) Is there an acceptable multi-vitamin that is not in a corn syrup base?

2) Can the Felovite dose be split in half - AM & PM so we don't get the major spike? My thought here is that the instructions read 1/2 tsp for kittens and 1 tsp for adults. So couldn't we do 1/2 tsp bid?

Obviously I will up the Lantus if need be to counteract the AM Felovite, and perhaps switch to medium carb food of an evening to counter the nadir drop.

Thanks all!

2. Sherri & Stash (GA)

Re: Experience with FeliVite or other vitamins?

bumping myself.

3. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

Vetri-science's Nu-Cat and Nu-Cat Senior multivitamins come in diff forms, tablets, liquid and treats. http://www.vetriscience.com/nucat.php I just skimmed through the list of ingredients really quickly, but I *think* the tablets look fine for a sugarkitty.

Vetri-science also has a couple of immune support products the last time I looked. Not sure if Stash could use an immune support supp too - ask your vet?

4. Sherri & Stash (GA)

Thanks for the info on the vitamins; I didn't know where to begin. We start ImmunoRegulin injections tomorrow - twice weekly for several weeks.

5. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

I use the VetriScience Nu-Cat with Ennis. Doesn't affect his BGs that I've seen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.