Fancy Feast flavors?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by AmericanTemplar, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmericanTemplar

AmericanTemplar Member

Do you stick to the same one or mix it up? Isn’t there a risk that the cat might get diarrhea if you you don’t stick to the same flavor?

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I mainly use Friskie and rotate varieties.

AmericanTemplar likes this.
  3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi Grant, we used every flavor of Fancy Feast classics and Friskies pates with no ill effects. I am not sure if it was for Idjit's benefit or because we humans like variety, but he only turned down varieties with tuna because he doesn't care for it. No vomiting or diarrhea and he seems to always enjoy his meals. I have transitioned him to a raw diet now, with Fancy Feast back up now and then, and he still enjoys the canned food.
    Perhaps, just get a can or two of a different flavor and give Nigel a teaspoon or so, to see if he likes that flavor. You can increase gradually to make sure there are no GI upsets.

AmericanTemplar likes this.
  4. Dusty Bones

Dusty Bones Member

My kitties would get tired of the same flavor after about three days then I would go to another and so on. They liked chicken, liver, beef, and sometimes tuna and they never had stomach upsets or diarrhea. I think since all the flavors basically have the same batter it all comes down to whether they like a certain flavor or not.

5. SuziB

SuziB Member

My cat has horrible digestive issues, but has been fine with mixing up the FF flavors. I think, as stated above, they are similar enough to each other that changing flavors doesn’t have the same effect as changing brands.

6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I mix it up.

7. AmericanTemplar

AmericanTemplar Member

Thanks everyone for all of the feedback! Good to know that I don’t have to worry about the flavors. I had wondered why they sell variety packs, given the fact that switching diets, at least when it comes to different brands isn’t something to do abruptly.

BTW, FF is fifty cents a can right now at Smart & Final.

8. Braden & Zoe

Braden & Zoe Member

I give Zoe the same friskies chicken pate everyday for months and she’s cool with it. Before the diabetes scare I gave her a bit more variety, still sticking with the friskies. Since she’s been in remission I guess my brain has been telling itself “ don’t ruin a good thing! This is working”

9. Amina&M'row

Amina&M'row Member

M'row gets a variety of ff classic pate. Maybe I'm just thinking he'd get bored with only one flavor because I really would. In the wild they must eat whatever they can catch, so they get variety.

10. Dusty Bones

Dusty Bones Member

Ah the good ol days of feeding FF. My civie started having an allergic reaction to it so I had to switch to a more clean and natural brand and ended up on Weruva. It costs about 3 1/2 times what FF did! I hope I can keep up with this expense :banghead::nailbiting:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.