? Fancy feast

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by racn1320, Mar 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racn1320

racn1320 Member

I saw they changed the labels from classic to classic pate. Also noticed that the broth is now chicken broth instead of meat brother, tender liver and chicken. Does this affect the carbs???

Sylvie likes this.
  2. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

looks to still be about the same carbs. carbs are 2.5 wet & 11 dry for this new 'classic pate' labeled version.

i hadn't noticed the label change so am glad you posted this because after going and looking at the ingredients of the classic pate tender liver & chicken, i saw they changed more than just the broth type, they added fish in the ingredients!! going to have to check in AM what version i received in the cases i bought from target early last week because i can't feed fish to 3 of my creatures, makes me now wonder if that's why one of my 10mth old kitten who can't have fish regularly has started to have smellier poops lately..

3. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Ugh! I hate it when they do things like this!!!

4. racn1320

racn1320 Member

me too, I just happened to notice. I need to go get food today so I might stay away from ff for a bit??

5. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

checked the 30 pack classic poultry & beef variety from target that i got and the chicken is the one without fish in it still. guess need to stock up before it gets changed too!

6. Nan & Amber (GA)

I looked at the Tender Beef Feast I have, it's got fish in it. I don't actually know if it used to, but now I'm wondering if this ingredient switcheroo might explain my Amber's otherwise mysterious drop out of remission in the past month. Mind you, I'm not aware of any fish sensitivity in her, either, but any change in the makeup of her food is suspicious to me given her instantaneous change in BG numbers. Hmm...

7. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

that one did have fish in it beforehand but, not the beef tender & chicken feast version. looks like ingredients themselves are the same in the new labeled tender beef feast but, they did change amount & order of minerals/etc and added more types of them as well.

8. Nan & Amber (GA)

OK, thanks, that makes me feel better. It's the only wet food Amber will eat, so if it were the culprit in her spiking BG numbers, I don't know what I'd do!

9. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

The turkey and giblets are drier than it use to be. Same with chopped grill. It's as if they left the water out. I'm going out today to find other food.

10. racn1320

racn1320 Member

I went to the store today and found a bunch of ff classics not the new classic pate,so i stocked up. Not sure on what this new formula does with numbers but until I know this is it for now for the ff.

11. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

How do you know it's not the new classic? Labels are the same on the 2 batches I have.

12. racn1320

racn1320 Member

the new classic has pate after it, the older cans just have classic. the classic has an older exp date as well, the new cans have chicken brothe instead of meat brothe,at least in the tender liver and chicken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.