Fat cats insulin needs are plummeting quickly!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Elizabeth Lewis, Nov 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elizabeth Lewis

Elizabeth Lewis Member

Hi all, fat cats dosage has needed drastic decreasing, at first he was only getting to the 200s with 4.2 units, then he started getting too low with that so we dropped to 3.6 units, still dropped him a little lower than I would have liked, dropped him down to 2 units, which he has been getting the last few days, he kept having preshoots in the 80's so I would feed him then wait an hour or 2 until he was in the high 100s, if I have him no insulin he would get to almost 300, so I don't think that's an option yet. Tonight I gave him 2 units and now his +4.5 is 54, so I feed him a little, I think tomorrow I will go to 1 unit I guess. Just seems like such a quick drop of dosage, any thoughts ?

2. Elizabeth Lewis

Elizabeth Lewis Member

Also, just as a fun story, fat cat and biscuit must have at least 100 toys, biscuit likes all of them at different times, but fat cat is picky about toys. About 5 years ago I got this little fuzzy mouse that fat cat has always loved, he played with it always and brought it everywhere with him, one day I found it in the toilet, not sure how he managed to get it in there, so i threw it in then bathroom trash can, only to find the next day he had taken it out of the trash. So even though it was disgusting and old I never had the heart to throw it out, and he still played with it all the time. Today in their kipnip box he got a brand new one of the exact same mouse! He was sooooo excited ! I can't believe he got the same one from 5 years ago !

3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

It's great the Fat Cat is needing less insulin! Fingers crossed he's on his way to diet controlled remission:cat:

Critter Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.