Favorite Syringe Brands?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mocha'sMom, Dec 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mocha'sMom

Mocha'sMom Member

I know I have seen this information somewhere before, but I can't seem to find it now. I know there is a certain percentage of variance in syringe markings, and their accuracy. I was wondering if there is a generally preferred brand of syringes?

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Try a search of the board.
    Go to the upper right corner of the page and select advanced search.
    Enter the search terms 'good syringe brands' and if you don't know what forum it was in, just hit search.

I've been using the WalMart ReliOn syringes, which seem to work adequately with ProZinc.

3. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

I use the ReliOns too because they're so cheap (~$12 for 100) and I already have to go to Walmart for the test strips anyway (ReliOn Prime). They are often noticeably off from one syringe to the next and even sometimes one bag to the next. I can usually tell as I keep a syringe filled with colored water of his most current dose (to help others if I need someone else to give a shot). In those instances, I either just ignore the syringe markings and pull to the same spot as the colored syringe to remain consistent or I bring out the dosing calipers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.