Hello everyone, we're new to the forum. Pretty recently my 11-year-old baby boy, Fedya, was diagnosed with FD. It kinda came as a shock to my dad I and we're still getting accustomed to everything. A couple of weeks ago we took him to the vet because his paw was really bothering him so they ran some tests and everything was pretty normal, gave him a steroid shot after concluding that he had a small amount of dermatitis. So, they sent us home and told us to return in about 7 to 8 weeks and so we did. Towards the end of those 8 weeks though, Fedya began drinking and peeing A LOT. My dad and I knew that for him this really wasn't normal, so when we took him to the Vet and told him the symptoms, he said there was a good chance that he has diabetes. Unfortunately, my dad and I were hopeful that he didn't have anything like that because to us, it seemed impossible that in such a short amount of time he could become diabetic. We were sadly mistaken, and he was diagnosed. We have switched him to Purina DM and feed him every about 1/8th of a can every 3 hours. Fedya is a pretty big and sturdy cat, he's very strong and extremely smart. He was weighed to be around 14 pounds but he has lost a little weight. Obviously, he is overweight. When we came home we started him on 1U of Lantus every 12 hours and closely monitored his UG with dipstix. We are committed to a TR protocol. We slowly have increased his dose to 1.5U every 12 hours, but getting his UG is not really a problem anymore. Getting his BG has been an absolute and total nightmare though. We were able to get it once in the morning on his ear and he barely noticed and got a reading of 379 mg/dl. Pretty high right? So when we tried again in the middle of the day to get data to establish a curve it was just BAD. Holding him down didn't work, having one of us hold him while the other pierces his ear didn't work, he just keeps squirming away. It's not so easy to just hold him down and get his blood he's pretty big and strong. He knows how to wriggle out of situations and every time we try to come near him and get it again he just runs away. My dad and I are really struggling and we don't know what to do. We really need to be able to get his BG if we want him to get into remission. If anyone can give us suggestions and advice we would really appreciate. Sorry, this was so long, thank you for the help!