Figuring out the best schedule

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by PiePie, Mar 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PiePie

PiePie Member

I'm trying to figure out most consistent and workable schedule for testing, eating and shots. My husband and I woke up at the same time today (only happens on the weekends) and he saw the circus I'm dealing with in the morning with two hungry beasts. He agreed the only way I was going to get a AMPS # was to manhandle Keaton, which is not the best for either of us. Every time I try that we both end up upset and typically I've wasted a couple test strips and poked him 5 times.
    On weekdays, I'm up at 6, feed them, do a shot at 630 and I'm out the door. Husband wakes up between 8-830. Would it work for me to give them food, pick up their bowl when I leave and then he does the testing and shot when he gets up? Then we'd give them dinner when I get home (between 5-6), test, give a snack around 8 and then shoot.
    Please let me know if I'm overthinking this and should just suck it up with the morning testing to get a more accurate number. I know it will get easier, but holy moly this is hard right now. Poor guy got poked 3 times with his shot today, if only I could reason with him that if the needle is already in he may as well hold still!

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

As long as your cat doesn’t eat for at least 2 hours before the Preshot test it should be ok. Do you leave food out while you’re gone? Maybe consider giving a portion of his breakfast when you get up so he thinks he’s been fed, and let your husband test, feed the rest of his breakfast, and shoot. You may also want to post on the prozinc forum where they may have more ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.