First day of injections

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Candy M, Feb 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candy M

Candy M New Member

Red has his first 2 injections of insulin today. The AM one went a bit smoother than the PM one. He was leery when I "went in" for the second one. I will work on finding a good process for doing this.

I did the injections between the shoulder blades like I practiced at the vet. Are the other places that are good too?

Thank you all for being there for us during this time.

Critter Mom likes this.
  2. Ferndoc

Ferndoc Member

I give mine in the side, stomach area. 80% of the time we are in the same spot where he gets his BG tested. The other 20% of the time is wherever he wandered off to and happens to be laying in a spot where I can get a hold of him.

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  3. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Some kitty's don't even notice the shot when their head is buried in a food bowl. ;)

INJECTION SITES:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope that helps! :)

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I think most of us shoot in the scruff....especially when their heads are in a bowl of food just because it's convenient but there are several other sites you can use
    injection sites for cats.PNG

5. Mister's Owner

Mister's Owner Member

I'm so confused... My vet told me there was New research that injecting around the outer area of the spine was good. I have been following that but resently noticed little bumps under the skin and it's really hard to get through some of the skin on the left side?

6. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

I have no idea about the spine area injections but I am pretty sure my guy would not agree with the new research :stop:

7. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Welcome and great job!! The first day is the most nerve wracking--it will be habit in no time:bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.