"Flea Treats"

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ann & Tess GA, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

I found a flea on Tess again last week. I don't know if dormant eggs hatched because of the late hot spell or if we are carrying one or two in after caring for the neighbors outdoor cat. I treated the rugs and couch w/ Diatomaceous Earth this time. In reading up more on it I found a link to Flea Treats. The active ingredient in it is vitamin B, which apparently makes pets smell bad to fleas, mosquitos and ticks. Nearly all the reviews I found were good w/ the exception of some cats not liking the liver flavor. I asked Dr Stamp about it and while she hadn't heard of it said it certainly couldn't hurt and the vitamin B is great for pets anyway. So I ordered a bottle. Has anyone else tried this?

I hate putting Advantage on her and the vet said that for cats w/ compromise kidneys adding the stress of those poisons isn't a great idea. So it looks like more vacuum monster, diatomaceous earth and new treats.

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

High levels of thre B vitamins are rumored to be a mild deterrent for mosquitos too.

You can get those in Brewer's yeast, which may be less expensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.