Fletcher ...1994-August 8, 2010

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

I first met Fletcher in May of 2002...

I had gone to the shelter to find a kitty for my oldest daughter, Megan's, 6th birthday. I crouched down on the floor, and an orinch kitty with amazing green eyes came over, jumped on my lap, started to purr and licked my nose. Right then and there I knew he belonged with my family, but little did I know the road he and I would travel together.

We got the diabetes diagnosis May 20, 2006 and Fletcher went off insulin a month later. Three months after that, his blood sugar was high again so we started him on insulin. After a couple months, it was becoming apparent that something was drastically different with my boy... his insulin needs kept going up along with his weight. On January 27, 2007 Fletcher became a confirmed acrocat. Little was known at that time about this disease... the lifespan and prognosis were poor. I tried to prepare myself for it, but that really isn't possible. If it weren't for the support of those who came before... Snuggles, Orion and Olivia... and those who were part of the "Original 5"... Beth & Pickles, Steph & Phoebe, Lara & Paddy, and of course Patti and our Merlin... the road would've been even harder.

Then Fletcher decided to show that he was a very unique acrocat-- he went off insulin again. This happened several times over the past three and a half years... despite being on increasing doses of Prednisone to combat the soft tissue growth that was impeding the airway in his throat. Fletch had headaches, arthritis in his spine and paws, CRF, and an enlarged heart. But through it all, his beautiful soul shone through... there were many times I thought I would lose him, but he fought back... for me... for my daughters... because he loved us so much.

Today, Fletcher lost his fight. I couldn't put him through anything more. By the time we got to the ER he was already leaving... his organs and system were shutting down... his temp was only 91 degrees... his heart was struggling and he was having a hard time breathing. I held him one last time and he knew I was there... he gave me a quiet purr... and left me.

Fletcher is my one in a million... the kitty who taught me more than I could have ever thought possible... the kitty who brought me some of the dearest friends I've ever had... There will never be another like him... there couldn't be.

Until I see again, my Bubby... take my love with you...

[​IMG]

2. vansplic

vansplic Member

I didn't get a chance to "know" Fletcher but he sounds like an amaizing friend. I am so sorry for your loss.

3. Carol-Charlie

Carol-Charlie Well-Known Member

Fletcher will live forever in our hearts... He, one of the most beautiful and loving examples of catdom... I'm just home from my trip... my heart is breaking with yours... Oh Carolyn... Think of all the cats that ran to him, to show him how well and wonderfully healthy he has become. I just know that he and Charlie are racing each other from one end to the other of Rainbow bridge.... yelling look at me, look at me.... Charlie passed one year ago on the 5th.... he would have been glad to wait for Fletch... however your dear boy must have been tired of fighting... and when the angels came... I'm sure he asked to have you hold him as he left.....

A Rainbow Path
    © 2010 (by Carol Notermann)

I could hear you saying Fletcher, in your very gentle way.
    You told me that it was all right, I didn’t have to stay.
    I was getting very tired, and the pain was leaving too
    I closed my eyes a second, and a field came into view.

I still could hear you talking, but you seemed quite far away
    Though I longed to be beside you, I just couldn’t seem to stay
    For one moment I was with you, and the next I’m running free
    I turned my head and there was Charlie, running next to me.

We ran together through the field, and birdies filled the sky.
    We chased and played together, then I turned and wondered why?
    Why were you not behind me? I wondered where you went.
    Then someone was beside me, and He had a lovely scent.

He petted me and told me that I simply had to wait.
    That before I‘d time to miss you, you’d be coming through the gate.
    He said that very loyal pets, were granted special space
    To wait for those who loved them, to see again their face.

So please, know I am waiting with dogs and cats, and many more
    For the day that I can see again the faces I adore.
    It’s really such a lovely place, there’s no sickness and no pain.
    I’ll be so very filled with joy when I see you once again.

Thank you for setting me free.

Fletcher

1994 – August 8, 2010

4. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((Carolynn)))))
    Words cannot express how deeply sorry I am for your loss. My heart is breaking for you.
    I only "knew" Fletcher through your posts, but he will be sorely missed by so many.
    *Tears* and hugs.

wings_cat Fly free, dear Fletcher...

5. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

((( Carolynn )))

I'm so, so sorry Carolynn. I know you will miss him terribly. You have been such a good mama bean to him.

I lit a candle for his passing, though I know there will be many who have gone ahead showing him the way.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/mes ... d=11359220

Fly free, sweet boy. Watch over your mama and the furbie siblings you leave behind.

6. Susie and Moochie

Susie and Moochie Member

(((Carolynn))) I remember when Fletcher was diagnosed with Acromegaly. I didn't know you then because I had just recently joined the board but I do remember. I hadn't known before I joined FDMB that cats could have Acromegaly. Watching you and the other acro-moms over my years here has been a truly humbling experience. You and all of the others before and after you have done so very much studying, experimenting and providing of a knowledge base for those dealing with this awful tumor that I stand in awe.

Fletcher's life has been a testament to your love and care when others might have just given up. He was a beautiful cat with a beautiful spirit. I can't tell you how much I have always loved hearing about him and seeing those stunning eyes of his. Truly you could see his deep and loving soul in them.

Bless you for loving him and sharing him with all of us here, Carolynn. He truly was one of a kind and I am sure that as sad as today is for you and your girls that the welcome party at the Bridge is a sight to behold.

7. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

oh Carolynn,
    My heart aches so badly for you. The holes they leave behind in our lives seem so huge at this time. Fletcher - such a beautiful, handsome, loving, amazing, incredible kitty. The same can be said for you. And I am soooo lucky to have both of you in my life. My time and pictures with both of you will always be priceless to me!

8. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

(((Carolyn))), I'm so sad and so sorry. There are no words. You sound so brave and yet I'm sitting here howling.

I looked up to you and Beth so much when my Tom was dx in October 2007 - you were so focused and in control, I was a helpless wreck who didn't have a clue what I was doing. During the six months after Tom's acro dx, we lost Pickles, Pheobe, Paddy... and then Tom. Others came along later who I didn't know - my pain was and still is too strong to be able to get involved - but I do know that you and Fletcher have been the constant for many, an example of what is possible. There is no doubt that you and Fletcher were chosen to be that shining light. Your work, and Fletcher's legacy, will live on.

Diana
    And God asked the feline spirit
    Are you ready to come home?
    Oh, yes, quite so, replied the precious soul
    And, as a cat, you know I am most able
    To decide anything for myself.

Are you coming then? asked God.
    Soon, replied the whiskered angel
    But I must come slowly
    For my human friends are troubled
    For you see, they need me, quite certainly.

But don't they understand? asked God
    That you'll never leave them?
    That your souls are intertwined. For all eternity?
    That nothing is created or destroyed?
    It just is....forever and ever and ever.

Eventually they will understand,
    Replied the glorious cat
    For I will whisper into their hearts
    That I am always with them
    I just am....forever and ever and ever.

Author Unknown​

9. Sweetgrass & the Furries

Sweetgrass & the Furries Member

(((((((Carolynn))))))))))))

Fletcher is so special.
    He is a shining light of what is possible with love and a courageous spirit.
    You have been such a fighter, with love for him and he in turn fought so hard with you.
    A brave, loving guy who we all feel we know now.

I know Abby will be just one of a large legion of kitties welcoming him with whisker kisses and nose spooches.

(((((((((squishes))))))))
    I imagine today just feels really really horrific. I hope in time the pain eases and the lightness of his wonderful soul stay with you to see you smile.

10. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

I read your very lovely tribute through tears Carolynn. I am so very sorry for you and for your family that you have lost your sweet boy. May he run fast and pain free with all the other guardian angels that have gone before him. (((hugs Carolynn)))

11. Sherry and Harley

Sherry and Harley Member

Carolynn, I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't know you or your Fletcher, but there are tears just the same. It is clear how much you love him and how lucky he was to have found you. You and your family will be in our thoughts. :cry: :cry:

s

12. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss, Fletcher sounds like he was truly special and lovely.

13. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

((Carolynn)) The board is a sad place today - and many tears are falling - we're having to say goodbye to your sweet boy. But not sad for handsome Fletcher - he's gone on to his reward for the battles he fought here. And he fought them so bravely and won so many of them - none of which he could have done without your love and care.

I truly believe that these special little beings with these special problems are placed in the gentle arms and homes of moms like you and the other acro moms who work so hard to keep them going with a quality of life that would be impossible otherwise. I too stand in awe of each of you - and admire you so much for what you give.

Your experience and that of the others has led to diagnoses that would not otherwise be known - to treatments that work that might not otherwise be tried. You are indeed to be commended for what you've done for the future of other acro-kitties who will come along.

All of this, though, doesn't lessen the horrible sadness that is surrounding you today - my heart goes out to you - please know that many, many others here on the board are feeling that sadness because we too saw the soul in those beautiful little eyes - and we too loved him. Fletcher's name will long be remembered - and spoken with much love.

The treasure of memories he's leaving with you and your girls are so special and I hope that special love and memories will sustain you through your sadness.

Sending many hugs and much love to you across the miles - on this sad day.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

14. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

It's hard to type through these tears...Carolyn I'm so sorry. Fletcher is and always will be one of the greats from this site. Just like Merlin, I know I will never forget him.

Sending prayers of peace and comfort,
    jeanne

15. Beth

Beth New Member

Oh Carolynn what a sad sad day it is. I am struggling for words, what to say about such an amazing acrocat and his human?

I know the biologist (!) in me was always puzzling over Fletcher's 'on/off' approach to acromegaly! I loved the fact that even though we are fond of saying there is no such thing as a 'normal' acrocat, Fletcher had to push the point just that bit further. Why? How? I don't think we will know any time soon why Fletcher's acromegaly was different to others but he certainly taught us so much. He truely kept you (and us) guessing and you kept on caring, providing, learning and loving.

He could not have picked a better human to own that day in the shelter all those years ago. He knew his new human would be strong enough to cope with what lay in the future. And strong you are Carolynn, so strong. Your heart is breaking right now but that strength is still there and Fletcher is watching and loving you, never far away.

Beth
    x

16. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

very sad for you, carolynn. none of us ever wants this day to happen but it does eventually to all of us. it's a nightmare but it's not the sum total of his life. he brought love, warmth, and happiness to your family, and that will always stay with you.
    fly free, sweet fletcher. you were a valiant warrior, but now god has called you home.

17. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

Truly -- one in a million.

May all your wonderful memories of Fletcher comfort you,..

...'til you meet again.

18. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Carolyn,

I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet, sweet Fletcher. The tears are rolling down my face as I type this. May the wonderful memories of your time together with Fletcher carry you through this difficult time.

19. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Carolynn,
    What an achingly beautiful post and tribute to your boy with the haunting green eyes. Please accept my sincere condolences. My thoughts are with you and your family as you mourn the loss of your sweet Fletcher.

20. feathersby

feathersby Member

CArolyn,
    I am very sorry for your loss. Fketcher was certainly one of the board's best known kitties. I have always been mesmerized by his eyes.

He will be welcomed to the big red guy club at the bridge by my Sparky and many others.
    Fly free, Fletcher!

21. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss, Carolynn.

22. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. Fletcher will be missed by us all.

23. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

(((Carolynn))) I was one of the lucky ones that got to spend time with Fletcher and got to feel his love that he shares so easily. I remember when you first started posting, and I remember when the test results came back for acro. I also remember knowing that if any one person could take this on and treat it, that would be you. And if any one cat could handle life as an acro, that would be your gentle little man. The one who never balked at any treatment, who the vet and techs love because he was the purrfect patient, the one who not only received love graciously, but gave it back two-fold.

Because of the two of you a wealth of knowledge and support for hi-dose kitties became common place. What was once a scary unknown is now a little bit brighter for Fletcher having a paw in leading the way. He was and is truly remarkable, a brave little man with a heart as big as they come. I think he loved you and the girls before he even met you. Your family was meant to be his.

I hope in time that the pain eases and the memories of Fletcher can come to you and bring you comfort. I hope that when the tears subside, the joy that Fletcher is feeling now, happy and healthy at the Bridge, can be felt by you, even if just a little bit, enough for you to know in your heart that Fletcher is still with you, surrounding you each day with his love and his joy, until someday you can look back at your life with Fletcher and know it was good, it was happy and it was love, and that knowledge will make you feel whole again, because you were lucky enough to be his mom.

24. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

((Carolyn))
    I am so sorry for your loss of Fletcher. Of course I know of the 2 of you being
    friends with some acromoms.
    Tears are in my eyes for the loss of your sweet Fletcher.
    Until the 2 of you meet again.

Fly free Fletcher.

25. Janet & Binky (GA)

Janet & Binky (GA) Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

(((Carolynn)))

I am so sorry. I have often watched with admiration as you have helped Fletcher through his health issues . . . the two of you have been an inspiration to many, not only medically, but spiritually as well.

He leaves behind him a legacy love, and good memories, and precious knowledge that will help cats and people that you may never meet.

If there is a Bridge, there is surely an honor guard for Fletcher today, welcoming him back to youth and good health.

I grieve with you, Carolynn. Farewell, brave warrior; we salute you.

Many hugs,

Janet

26. fourcatsmama

fourcatsmama Member

Oh Carolynn, I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet Fletcher! He is an angel watching over you now from Heaven, but he was an angel on earth as well.

27. SherylandClouseau

SherylandClouseau Member

(((Carolyn))) It is so very hard when our most special ones leave us...

28. cjaubz

cjaubz Member

Carolynn,
    I am so sorry for the loss of your Fletcher. I pray the lord will give you peace!
    Hugs,
    CJ

29. karen and splash (ga)

karen and splash (ga) Member

Fly Free Fletcher!!! Your soul spoke volumes through your beautiful green eyes. You taught us all so much about too many things to mention. You have earned your wings, use them well. May your spirit surround Carolynn, Megan and Kelly and guide them through their grief until they see you once again.

30. Melissa&Paul-Kyle

Melissa&Paul-Kyle Well-Known Member

Godspeed and Angelwings sweetest Fletcher...(((Carolynn)))

I am so very sorry for your loss and the loss to us all of such a great Feline. Thank you for sharing him with us.

31. HollyandSpader(GA)

HollyandSpader(GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. There are no words.

He was a king among kings.

32. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. Fly free, Fletcher.

33. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

Fletcher with the beautiful emerald eyes and raccoon tail! You have blazed the way for so many of us to learn from, thanks for that. ((((Carolynn))) I'm sooo sorry for your loss...

34. Pat and Skipper (GA)

Pat and Skipper (GA) Member

I am so sorry. Fletcher was very special.

35. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Fly free Fletcher kitty.... fly free!

36. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Carolynn,
    I'm so sorry for your loss. At some point we all might have to make that hard decision to let go. My heart truly breaks for you. He will be forever healthy now.
    Jan

37. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((CAROLYNN)))))))))))))))))))))))))

I am devastated that Fletcher has left us. He was a very special board cat, and I know Merlyn will look out for him over the Bridge. Many tears are falling for you, and your brave orinch boy.

Fletcher is flying free now, whole and healthy over the Rainbow Bridge. Sending many many cyber hugs.
    rb_icon

wings_cat

38. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

(((Carolynn))) I am so sorry. Fly free Fletcher rb_icon

Thank you for sharing your beautiful tribute to him with us.

39. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss .I am new here so I did not get to know you or your special Fletcher.But I want you to know my tears fall for your little gentle guy.I know how hard it is to loose them so young My Mick was only 5 loss him to FIP.God bless you and know that he is pain free now..He was so lucky to have you and your family and recieved the special care you gave him. Your story sound so much like when we found Mick he came over and got on my knee and enough said..I just thank God that I had him.even if only for the short 5 years and when he got sick he knew we did everything we could for our little guy. Just like you. I often thought what would have happen if we did not take him that day. "I have send you on a journey to a land free of pain not because I did not love you but because I loved you too much to force you to stay" Sorry to go on but we will never forget them and one day we will have our beautiful little love ones back with us and then it will be forever...Hugsss to Fletcher`s wonderful family.....my thought & Prayers are with you Kath

40. missyandlittlegray

missyandlittlegray Member

Carolynn, I'm so sad to read this and so sorry. No words here, just tears. We've all lost a very special friend. (((((Carolynn))))

41. stephanie and pheobe

stephanie and pheobe New Member

The brightest star, the biggest heart and the most beautiful soul. You know, it was only yesterday I was talking about Fletcher to a new acro mum - his legacy will live on forever, what a legacy he leaves. Such a spirit and a shining example to all our acro mums. Fletcher was always that beacon of hope for me, for Pheobe, and for all us. You too - who could have asked for a better mum than you. He was one very smart kitty! And now, he has joined his friends at the bridge and I am convinced he is holding you close and watching over you.

This is really one of those times that I just can't find the right words to express just how very much both Fletcher and you are loved. he will always, ALWAYS be in our hearts and he will ALWAYS be in yours. He was one very VERY special kitty.

with all my love Carolynn, to you and to the girls
    Steph
    xxx

42. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

((((((( Carolynn ))))))))

I have watched/read Fletchers journey since you guys came aboard. I have nothing but the upmost admiration for the wonderful care and love you have given to Fletcher. and the learning you have shared w/ us all.
    What a lucky guy.

I'm so sorry for the pain you must now go through w/ his crossing.

with sympathy,

43. Dana & Thomas

Dana & Thomas Member

What a wonderful tribute, for a truly amazing cat. Fly Free Sweet Fletcher.
    Dana

44. Lara & Paddy(GA) & Maisie(GA)

Lara & Paddy(GA) & Maisie(GA) New Member

(((Carolyn)))

Step just contacted me and told me.....I'm so so sorry for you.
    The Gorgeous Fletch was so special, even to those of us who never had the priviledge of meeting him and I think you know how much I fell in love with him and his gorgeous "I've just sucked on the wrong end of an ink pen" mouth and nose!
    The longest standing by far of the 'original crew', his on/off insulin needs always made us (well, certainly me!) very jealous. You and he have given so many people so much help and hope.

He definitely picked the right Mom when he picked you all those years ago......you've given him an amasing long life. Cherish the good times and be proud of yourself for the care and love you've given him.

Fly free Gorgeous Fletcher

Lara
    xx

45. bronwenelizabeth

bronwenelizabeth New Member

Carolynn,
    I've only been on these boards for a couple of months but you were the first person to speak to me and reassure me that everything was going to be ok for Bodmin & I, I know your heart must be breaking right now and I'm truly sorry for your loss. He sounded like the most amazing friend.
    Fletcher and you have paved the way for the rest of us that are following and are an inspiration to all of us.
    Remember the good memories you have and he'll always bring a smile to your face......gone but never forgotten

xxx

46. Gia and Quirk

Gia and Quirk Member

I am so sorry to read this, Carolynn. Fletcher was one of our legendary cats. You and he educated so many people, including many vets, and your spreading that knowledge has brought peace and hope to more families than you will ever know.

I grieve with you on this sad day.

Gia & Quirk (GA)

47. OLM Catnip Cottage

OLM Catnip Cottage Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry. SUCH a beautiful boy, and such a blessed life. May God comfort you and bring you peace.

48. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

(((Carolynn))) I can't even come close to expressing how sorry I am. I am without words...
    ((((Fletcher))))
    *many many tears*

49. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Carolynn)))))
    I'm so sorry

Fly free dear Fletcher wings_cat

50. Jennifer and Dylan (GA)

Jennifer and Dylan (GA) New Member

Carolynn,

I am so very very sad to see that Fletcher has earned his wings. He was the most special of special boys. I will never forget the guidance and support that you and Fletcher gave to my Dylan. Fletcher was the hero of all acromoms, me included. I always admired your wonderful care of him and his lack of desire to follow the play book. His memory will live forever, I have no doubt about that. I am so very sorry . . . .

Jennifer (and Dylan in spirit)

51. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

((Carolynn)) I can not find the right words to express my sympathies. Please know how sorry I am for your loss. You and Fletcher always astounded me. Fly free sweet Fletcher!!

52. cjleo

cjleo Member

Carolynn,

I am sorry for your loss. Fly free Fletcher!

Claudia

53. Karen & dB (GA)

Karen & dB (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Carolynn, I'm so sorry. Fletcher was such a great cat and an inspiration in so many ways! He will be missed by all who knew him. I know he will always be nearby, just a whisper away. Be gentle with yourself during this difficult time, and know that we are grieving with you.

Tears,
    Karen, dB in spirit, Bindi, and Dorje

54. Donna and Flame

Donna and Flame Well-Known Member

Oh Carolynn... I can't even find the words to tell you how very sorry I am that Fletcher had to leave you. Fletcher... the teacher, the gentle warrior, the legend.
    Tears....

Your devotion to him and the connection you had with each other was simply amazing and an inspiration to so many. I hope you can take some comfort in the fact that Fletcher's was a life well lived and he (and YOU) left behind a legacy of learning that hopefully, will be able to help many of our other furbabies.
    He will never be forgotten Carolynn. His memory will live on in the hearts of so many of us.

Fly high and free on those beautiful new wings Fletcher! You were, and will always be very much loved.

((((Carolynn)))) my deepest condolences.

55. Sharyn & Fiona

Sharyn & Fiona Member

Oh Carolyn, "tears""tears""tears", I'm so very sorry about Fletcher. He was a wonderful kitty and you both were so very lucky to have found each other. My heart hurts for you. oxox

56. sanrun

sanrun Member

So, sorry to see this :sad: . Fletcher gave me hope for Cecil when he was DX with Acro. Both our orange boys are playing at the bridge now.

Sandy & Dottie :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

57. Kellie and Oreo (GA)

Kellie and Oreo (GA) Member

I am very sorry. God Bless Fletcher. May memories of him give you comfort.
    Sending healing prayers to you.
    Kellie

58. Debbie and Bryce

Debbie and Bryce Member

(((Carolynn)))

I've been away and was shocked and upset to see your post. I am SO sorry to hear the news of your dear Fletcher. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Very sad news.

Deb

59. BobsMom

BobsMom Member

I am so very sorry for your loss.
    wings_cat

60. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

~M

61. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

Carolynn, I'm so sorry. I followed Fletcher's progress and was hoping that he'd rally one more time. My thoughts are with you. Fly free, Fletcher. We'll miss those gorgeous green eyes...

62. Vanassa and China

Vanassa and China New Member

I am so sorry for your loss! I am sorry that I am just posting, but I am not on here much these days. Patti just emailed me and told me about Fletcher! I am sure that China and Merlin and all of his other buddies where there to meet and greet and welcome him home. When China went to the bridge, I was told that he would visit me from time to time in my dreams and he does and I am always careful to say "Thank you Boo Boo, for stopping by to check on your mommy" when I wake up and realize that I dreamt about him. Fletcher will do the same, he will always watch over you and just when you don't realize that you need him the most, he will stop by to check on you. As I sit here through tears, I am sending cyber hugs your way, that you will find the comfort that you need to get through this difficult time.

Holding you close!

Rest in Peace Fletch- you have fought a good fight and you have done well! rb_icon

63. Linda & Sugar

Linda & Sugar New Member

Carolyn,

It has been well over a year since I have posted or visited this site. I remember the first time I discovered it and oh...I was so grateful to you and the other 'regulars' for helping me with my challenges with Sugar. I had no idea what I was facing and how to meet the challenge, but you, all of you, helped so much. So today, I re-registered intending to provide an update on my diabetic acromegalic sweet Sugar cat, and found your message about Fletcher. I cried. My heart and love goes to you.

Linda (and Miss Sugar)

64. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

Carolyn - we are so sad & the tears are flowing. I love how you 2 met Fletcher. Fletcher was pretty astute to pick you out. All our love and much sympathy are with you and your family.

Hugs,
    Susan & Lanky

65. Juanita & Chika (GA)

Juanita & Chika (GA) Member

((((((Carolynn))))))
    I am just seeing this now as I haven't been able to be around much lately. I am so, so sorry for your loss. Your tribute is beautiful. I will be keeping you in my heart and my prayers.

Fly free, land softly ((((((dear Fletcher)))))) tears rb_icon

66. Arlene and Xena (GA)

Arlene and Xena (GA) Member

Carolynn,

I am so sorry that you have lost your beloved Fletcher. My heart is full of tears for you and your family ... but I am also sure that Fletcher is absolutely amazing at the Bridge. He earned spectacular wings during his time here with us and I'm certain he is soaring to incredible heights with them .... he always was a cat that accomplished amazing things ... and he will continue to do so. rb_icon

I'm so sorry that I am so late with my condolences but I haven't been on the board (or the computer) much for the past few weeks due to my health (and other issues) but as soon as I heard about Fletcher I had to send this message.

I know it will take time for the pain to lessen, especially for such a special kitty, but the love always remains within your heart and soul. Fletcher will always be with you.

((((Carolynn & family))))
    Fly free and soar among the stars Fletcher wings_cat

67. Me and Bayley

Me and Bayley Member

((((Carolynn))) I am so sorry for your loss. Fly free sweet Fletcher. How lucky you both were to have had each other. Thinking of you
    Leslie (and Bayley - who was waiting at the bridge to show Fletcher all the best places to run and play)

68. Lucy and Oscar(GA)

Lucy and Oscar(GA) Member

Oh ((((((((Carolynn))))))))) I'm so very sorry for your loss of Fletcher. He's always been such a fixture on FDMB. He will be greatly missed.

Until you meet again . . .

Fly free precious Fletcher(GA)

69. Simon & Sam

Simon & Sam Member

(((Carolynn)

I am so sorry I missed your GA post for Fletcher. We are truly sorry for your loss and we know how you cared for and loved Fletcher.

Fletcher will always be a part of the FDMB community. We will not forget.

Fly free Fletcher

Love

70. Magnus

Magnus New Member

I am so sorry I missed reading your post until now. After following Fletcher's progress the last several years on the board - he became a cat I would think of often. I am so sorry for your loss. How luck you both were to have each other. Magnus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.